This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
IBM’s Industry Consultants are essential to our clients as they work to reinvent themselves for the future. Join our highly visible and highly skilled team of global consultants as we strive to accelerate sales, deliver client engagements, and build IBM’s market eminence. If you are a forward-thinker and a curious intellectual, we welcome you to apply for your next exciting career challenge!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM's Watson Health Curam Solution team is now searching for a Business Systems Analyst to join our team!
As a Business Systems Analyst on the Watson Health Curam Services team, you will have responsibility in the delivery of IBM WH SPM (Curam) project implementations.
Working closely with clients, systems integration partners and IBM teams, at our project sites, you will have responsibility to provide business solution guidance and act as a subject matter expert (SME) and advisor, in support of the delivery of Case Management solutions using the Curam Social Program Management (SPM) platform.
*Must be flexible to travel to client project sites.
- Uses their experience and influence to advise and guide the project (i.e. client, SI, team) on the appropriate usage of the Cúram SPM features and functionalities to meet their business objectives
- Provides insight and advice to client and project resources on the overall business solution design and approach on functional implementation and/or specific enhancements to SPM.
- Responsible for requirement elaboration, product fit/gap analysis and business solution design documentation.
- Assists in design thinking workshops (or JAD sessions) with various stakeholder groups to ensure needs are understood and documented.
- Delivers/lead workshops to showcase product features so stakeholders understand product capabilities.
- Conducts product research and demonstrates product capabilities, in support of solution option analysis, client business team awareness, solution testing, and other project deliverables.
- Works with business to inform and contribute to the overall product vision and backlog capture and communicates the business solution design, including SPM product configurations, extensions and integrations across all project stakeholders.
- Serves as a conduit between project technical staff and client subject matter experts during solution design, prototyping, delivery, test, training and deployment.
- Builds a solid level of trust and confidence with partners and clients of the proposed solution.
To learn more about we are doing check out the following ...
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. Discover what you can make of this moment. Embark on the journey with us in IBM Watson Health.
This role is open to be filled in Ottawa, Montreal, or Markham.
Must be eligible/legally entitled to work in Canada
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Business (IT) analyst/consulting role.
- Hands on experience in planning and conducting requirement elicitation/design (JAD) sessions/Design Thinking sessions.
- Experience in stakeholder management/Enterprise Analysis.
- Excellent Presentation and Interpersonal skills.
- Hands on experience in Requirement management process and related tools.
- Hands on experience in creating and presenting screen designs - story-boarding, user journey maps, conceptual models and flow diagrams and familiarity with relevant tools.
- Experience is creating design specification documents.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Readiness to travel 75% travel annually
- Bilingual English & French
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years’ experience in social services /Human services programs in Government/Public sector - such as social welfare, children services, income support, employment services.
- Experience in business solution design and customer off the shelf (COTS) product fit/gap analysis (Curam SPM is added value)
- Ability to plan and conduct user research, usability testing and competitor analysis
- Knowledge and experience leading Business or IT solutions testing
- Industry recognized certifications such as CBAP and /or completion of BA related courses.
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments-with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other IBM Canada's offers that may interest you