This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients' business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) helps our clients fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent their operations for great efficiency and transform their entire enterprises through cognitive. We invite you to consider joining IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise that are helping transform the way we live and work. IBM's state-of-the-art Client Innovation Centre (CIC) opened in Nova Scotia in March 2013 and is the first of its kind in Canada. The Centre weaves together IBM’s business insights and industry-leading software portfolio and is ideally suited for any client that needs flexible access to emerging or niche skills that may not be cost effective to grow internally. In addition, our focus on our team is unparalleled as demonstrated by the following:
- The CIC NS is one of IBM’s highest performing delivery centres worldwide - for retention, client satisfaction and utilization. Our employees are empowered to stay and grow within IBM.
- We are very focused on continuous skill development - staff training is our third largest annual Centre investment. Employees are immersed in a culture of learning and constant growth.
- Investment in key partnership with universities, government and private sector groups which has resulted in IBM having a key influencing role in Nova Scotia’s ICT industry, especially in talent development.
Your Role and Responsibilities : As the leading supplier of SAP software solutions to a rapidly growing list of major North American corporations, we are proud of our talented team, our respected reputation, and our outstanding results.
This opportunity is for an individual who has solid experience working with SAP Solution Manager, as a team lead. The successful candidate must have experience in design of the strategy, implementing and then managing an SAP Solution Manager environment.
Responsibilities for the position include:
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team involved in the implementation of the latest release of S/4HANA, utilizing SAP Solution Manager
- Planning for delivery of specific project deliverables within the high level timeline for the project
- Managing or executing specific project deliverables and scope to ensure project schedules & timelines are respected.
- Responsible for overall SAP Solution Manager strategy and implementation timelines
- Articulating proposed solutions in business terms and demonstrate solution effectiveness in meeting business needs.
- Translating the business requirements into comprehensive deliverables and estimate the work effort required to complete them.
- Experience managing the SAP Solution Manager solution for the most current release
- Assessment of business and application requirements
- Communicating in a team environment with clients and colleagues
- Providing support for deployment and sustainment as necessary
- Experience with ChaRM, Test Suite, Activate, Retrofit and CBTA.
- Experience with Focused Build, Focused Run.
- Experience with Technical Monitoring setup and deep troubleshooting skills.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 7 years’ experience in projects where responsibility for SAP Solution Manager
- Experienced with the most recent release of SAP Solution Manager
- Experience with all components of SAP Solution Manager (ChaRM, ITSM, Monitoring, Business process repository etc.)
- Minimum 7 years SAP implementation experience - 2 full project lifecycles
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Appropriate SAP Certification
- Strong familiarity with SAP implementation methodologies, especially Activate
- Familiarity of how SAP Solution Manage can be used in Agile projects and/or DevOps (required integrations etc.)
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other IBM Canada's offers that may interest you