This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Join our team of Allied Health professionals and improve patient outcomes here at Humber River Hospital.
At Humber River Hospital the Allied Health team plays a pivotal role delivering diagnostic, technical, supportive and therapeutic patient care.
Rehabilitation Assistants are valued members of our Allied Services Department.
The Rehabilitation Assistant assists in implementing the treatment plan outlined by a therapist for each assigned patient. The Rehabilitation Assistant will support Physiotherapists/ Occupational Therapists in order to optimize patient outcomes.
Are you a compassionate Rehabilitation Assistant who is focused on delivering high-quality, safe-care? If yes, we invite you to read the details below then apply.
Reporting Relationship: Manager of Allied Health Services & Outpatient Rehab
Hourly Rate Range: $26.66 - $31.48
- Assisting the Physiotherapist within the Outpatient Rehab Clinic. Providing PTA care to an outpatient population with acute injury and post-op orthopaedic and musculoskeletal diagnoses, including total knee and hip replacement, total shoulder and shoulder surgery repair, post-fractures, ACL repairs.
- Occasional cross coverage and assisting the OT within the Hand clinic may be required as needed, providing OTA care with post-operative and post-hand injury patients.
- Experience in an acute hospital setting preferred. Experience in an Outpatient clinic setting required.
- Providing assigned, delegated treatment regimes.
- Adherence to all delegated responsibilities.
- Preparing patients for treatment.
- Assisting the therapist in related duties.
- Maintaining timely charting and workload measurement.
- Monitoring and maintenance of equipment
- Other duties as assigned, including general equipment monitoring and departmental duties such as light cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
- Clinical supervision of students, including OTA/PTA students in collaboration with the PT or OT.
- Position requires regular scheduled work on weekdays, weekends and statutory holidays on a rotational basis.
- Occasional cross coverage within the medicine and surgery programs may be required at the Wilson site.
- Scheduled weekend coverage in Medicine on a rotational basis may be required.
- Ability to travel from site to site may be required as needed.
- Current experience at HRH as a Rehab Assistant or a graduate from a PTA and OTA Certificate/Diploma program from a recognized institution
- Must be able to work well under supervision and maintain the delegation of responsibilities for support personnel as mandated of the Ontario College of Physiotherapists and the Ontario College of Occupational Therapists.
- Experience in an acute hospital setting preferred.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills and teamwork.
- Must be capable of bending, stretching and lifting while assisting patients.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be organized and able to complete tasks within the allocated time frames.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Availability for scheduled weekday and weekend work will be required.
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
- Access to a car and/or the ability to travel to the HRH sites will be an asset.
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
This position will be filled in accordance to the OPSEU 590 collective agreement.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Humber River Regional Hospital's offers that may interest you