This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Join our team of Oncology Nurses and deliver outstanding patient centred care.
At Humber River Hospital Our Oncology team provides a full range of support to patients who are living with cancer, at all phases of their cancer experience - consultation, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, and palliative and supportive care.
Right now we are looking for a Registered Practical Nurse to work with our Oncology Medicine Unit.
Reporting Relationship: Manager, 13 West Oncology Medicine Unit
Hourly Rate $ 30.17 - 30.63 per/hour
Hours of work: Rotating shifts, 8 or 12 hours, days/evenings/nights/weekends
Union Group: Teamsters Service
Registered Practical Nursing duties as outlined by the College of Ontario Nurses.
- Graduate from a recognized Registered Practical Nursing two year diploma program.
- Current RPN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Current DeSouza Oncology Foundations, preferred
- Current oncology experience, preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to set priorities.
- Experience with patient health teaching.
- Demonstrated adherence to the hospital’s code of conduct.
- Demonstrate competency in a variety of skills including (but not limited to), intramuscular injections, intravenous therapy initiation and discontinuation, Blood Transfusion, Wound Care Dressing, Medication Administration, Pain Management, etc.
- Reliable, consistent attendance is a requirement
- Minimum 1 year acute medical/surgical experience, preferred.
- Basic computer skills and Meditech experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of community resources.
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Humber River Regional Hospital's offers that may interest you