This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Join our Surgical PreScreening Clinic team as we work together to deliver innovative and compassionate care in our community.
Right now we’re looking for a Registered Nurse to work in our Surgical Prescreening Clinic.
Reporting Relationship: Manager, Surgical Prescreening, Fracture and Plastics Clinics
Salary Range: $33.56 - $48.05
- Interviewing patients and families in preparation for their surgery. This may include telephone interview or in person.
- Reviewing pre-operative orders which may include lab and ECG tests
- facilitating consult with anesthesia, medicine, physiotherapist, pharmacist as per physicians orders and Medical Directives.
- Pre-operative health teaching and providing patient educational material pertaining to their plan of care and surgical pathway.
- Current Ontario registration, BCLS certification.
- 3 years recent experience in surgical nursing required
- 3 years recent experience in perioperative nursing required
- Previous Surgical Pre-screening clinic experience preferred
- Knowledge and Experience with Meditech required
- Demonstrated exceptional patient assessment skills required
- Successful completion of the Health assessment course preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with an inter-professional team including the patients and their families.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Knowledge of a second language an asset.
- Current knowledge and sensitivity to patients’ multicultural needs.
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Location: Wilson site
Hours of work: Days
Employee Group: ONA
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Humber River Regional Hospital's offers that may interest you