This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Join our professional team of Registered Nurses as we work together to deliver compassionate care that is responsive to the healthcare needs of our community.
At Humber River Hospital we continue to advance the important role in supporting Long Term Care Homes and Congregate Care settings. Humber River Hospital in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (MOHLTC), and Central LHIN will be establishing a Mobile Enhancement Support Team (MEST) to augment supports to Long Term Care Homes experiencing staffing crisis and builds on existing models where health system teams are deployed into Long Term Care Homes.
We are hiring three (3) Registered Nurses (RN) to work in our newly designated MEST
Are you a compassionate RN who is focused on delivering high-quality, safe-care? If yes, we invite you to read the details below then apply.
Hourly Rate Range: $33.56 - $48.05
Schedule Requirements: 8 and 12 hour rotating shifts, days, nights, evenings and weekends
Location: Base at Finch Site but expected to work in multiple facilities.
Employee Group: ONA
- RN responsibilities for general medicine, ALC and senior’s care
- Coordination of care within an interprofessional team
- Complete electronic documentation
- Mentorship for new hires and pre-grad RN nursing students
- Graduate from a recognized Registered Nursing program.
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to set priorities.
- Minimum 2 years of recent medical/ senior’s care experience is preferred.
- Experience on the LTC environment preferred.
- Critical thinking and prioritization skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to problem solve with the team.
- Experience with patient health teaching.
- Demonstrate competency in a variety of skills including (but not limited to), intramuscular injections, intravenous therapy initiation and discontinuation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of IPAC practice and following outbreak protocols.
- Demonstrate adherence to the hospital’s code of conduct.
- Advance Physical Assessment Skill is required.
- Basic computer skills and Point Click Care experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
This position will be filled in accordance to the Ontario Nurses Association (ONA) collective agreement.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Humber River Regional Hospital's offers that may interest you