This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Join our team of Critical Care Registered Nurses as we work together to deliver compassionate care that is responsive to the healthcare needs of our community.
Our Critical Care Unit offers state of the art care for cardiac, medical and surgical critically ill patients.
Our Critical Care Registered Nurses are charged with the care of the most vulnerable patients and their families. Using the latest technologies and working with interdisciplinary teams they deliver compassionate paitent-centred care.
Reporting Relationship: Manager of Critical Care
Hourly Rate Range: $33.23 to $46.57
Schedule Requirements: Must be available days, nights, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Care of acutely ill cardiac medical and surgical patients.
- Care of patients requiring Hemodynamic and ventilation monitoring by means of invasive and non- invasive approaches.
- Care planning and coordination of care with various team members embracing patient centered care.
- Utilization of computerized systems for documentation of patient care.
- Participation in project teams or Hospital committees as required.
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Current BCLS certification required; ACLS preferred.
- Minimum 2 years Critical Care experience.
- Critical Care Certificate required.
- Experience in working on a Nurse Lead Rapid Response Team preferred
- Experience in critical care with hemodynamic monitoring and invasive and non invasive ventilation required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Good problem solving skills required.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work with a multidisciplinary team, patients, family members and visitors.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated good patient assessment skills. Patient assessment course preferred.
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
This position will be filled in accordance to the ONA collective agreement.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Humber River Regional Hospital's offers that may interest you