This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. At our new facility, North America’s first fully digital hospital, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
Right now we are looking for a Registered Nurse to work with our Birthing Unit.
Reporting Relationship: Manager, Birthing Unit and Prenatal Clinic
Hiring Salary Range: $33.23 - $47.57
- RN responsibilities with a focus on assessment and total patient care to women in the antepartum, intrapartum and the immediate postpartum period as well as stabilization and transitional care of the newborn.
- Scrubbing and circulating for cesarean births.
- Patient and family education and support.
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- BCLS/CPR certification upon hire to show proof of valid current certification (Registered Nurses currently employed by HRH are exempted).
- Current NRP certificate required or agreement to obtain within 3 months of commencement into position.
- Fetal Monitoring Course required or agreement to obtain within 3 months of commencement into position.
- Recent Birthing Unit experience required.
- Scrubbing and circulating for cesarean births an asset.
- Proficiency in initiating IV therapy and venipuncture skills preferred.
- Obstetrical Nursing Certificate an asset. Breastfeeding Certificate an asset.
- Bereavement/palliative nursing care skills an asset. Good patient/family teaching skills required.
- Ability to facilitate family centered care.
- Willingness to be cross-trained to one other area within the Women’s & Children’s Health Program.
Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Location: Humber River Hospital - Wilson Site
Hours of work: Must be available to work rotating 12 hour shifts, Days/Nights and Weekend Rotation.
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Humber River Regional Hospital's offers that may interest you