This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Join our professional team of Registered Nurses as we work together to deliver compassionate care that is responsive to the healthcare needs of our community.
Our cardiology program provides specialty services for patients with acute and chronic conditions of the cardiovascular system. The Inpatient Cardiology Units are located on the 7th floor of our new site. As part of an interdisciplinary team, Registered Nurses provide quality care to those patients with various heart conditions and other general medicine medical diagnosis that may or may not require telemetry monitoring.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our Cardiology team on our Inpatient Cardiology Unit
Are you a compassionate Registered Nurse who is focused on delivering high-quality, safe-care? Have you already successfully completed a Coronary Care Level I course with a commitment to complete Coronary Care Level II? If you answered yes to the above questions, we invite you to read the details below then apply.
Reporting Relationship: Clinical Manager of the Inpatient Cardiology Unit
Hourly Rate Range: $33.56 to $48.05
Schedule Requirements: Must be able to work rotating shifts days, nights, evenings, weekends an holidays
Employee Group: ONA
- Care of acutely ill, cardio-respiratory and medical patients including clients with Acute Coronary Syndrome.
- Telemetry monitoring, care planning and coordination of care with various team members.
- Utilization of computerized systems for documentation of patient care.
- Participation in project teams or Hospital committees as required.
- Resource/team leader responsibilities.
- Preceptorship of nursing students and new orientees
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- BCLS certification upon hire to show proof of valid current certification (Registered Nurses currently employed by HRH are exempted).
- Previous coronary care and telemetry experience required
- 2 years acute medical/surgical experience preferred.
- Coronary Care 1 required and a commitment to complete Coronary Care 2 within 1 year of starting on the unit.
- Physical Assessment course preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills, sound problem solving, conflict resolution and decision-making skills.
- Excellent patient/family teaching skills and an ability to promote family centered care.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work with a multidisciplinary team, patients, family members and visitors.
- Computer skills and excellent organizational skills with an ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to rotate to other departments
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
NOTE: Humber River Hospital uses bleach based solutions to clean, disinfect and safeguard our patient environments as part of our infection prevention program.
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
This position will be filled in accordance to the ONA collective agreement.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Humber River Regional Hospital's offers that may interest you