This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. At our new facility, North America’s first fully digital hospital, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
Right now we are looking for a Registered Nurse to work with our Inpatient Surgery 11 East & West Unit.
Reporting Relationship: Manager, Inpatient Surgery 11 East & West
Hiring Salary Range: $33.90 - $48.53
- RN responsibilities for surgical patients.
- Care planning and coordination of care with various team members.
- Utilization of computerized systems for documentation of patient care.
- Participation in project teams or Hospital committees as required.
- Resource/charge responsibilities.
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- BCLS required or demonstrated competency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of acute medical/surgical care.
- Demonstrate knowledge in assessment and management of patients with continuous peripheral nerve block (CPNB), patient controlled analgesia epidural (PCA), and Epidural
- Recent surgical experience preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in initiating IV therapy and venipuncture preferred.
- Demonstrated good patient/family teaching skills.
- Demonstrated good patient assessment skills. Patient assessment course preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer, Meditech and keyboarding skills.
- Willingness to rotate to other departments as required
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Location: Humber River Hospital - Wilson Site
Hours of work: Must be available to work Days/Evenings/Nights/Weekends
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Humber River Regional Hospital's offers that may interest you