This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Build your career - at the hospital that’s built for the future
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver compassionate, professional, respectful care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
Right now we’re looking for a Registered Dietitian to work in our Bariatric Clinic. Humber River Hospital’s Surgical Program is recognized across Ontario and around the globe for its excellence in a broad range of surgical specialties and sub-specialties, for both pediatric and adult patients.
Hours of work: (subject to change) Available to work evenings Monday to Friday
Hourly rate range: $36.12 - $43.91
Employee Group: OPSEU 590
- As a member of the health care team, this position assumes the responsibility for assessing, monitoring, evaluating, teaching and providing nutrition recommendations and interventions for in and out-patients in the bariatric program.
- Ongoing development and revision of teaching aids and resource materials.
- Practice-based research and development of best practice/ evidence-based guidelines in dietetic practice in bariatric surgery
- Collaboration with multidisciplinary team members within and outside the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Food and Nutrition.
- BSc. in Nutrition or related field preferred.
- Must be a member in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
- Completion of an accredited Dietetic Internship program and a member (or eligibility to become a member) of the Dietitians of Canada
- Certified Bariatric Educator Designation preferred.
- Experience educating Bariatric patients strongly preferred.
- Experience teaching group classes strongly preferred.
- Clinical experience with acute medical/surgical patients preferred.
- Diabetes education or Bariatrics experience preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to encourage, support and motivate patients and/or their families from a multi-cultural community
- Excellent presentation skills. with experience applying principles of adult education and the ability to teach in an individual or group setting.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Interested applicants are required to apply online by the closing date. Incomplete or contain incorrect information may not be considered. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs as required under the Ontario Human Rights Code and Access for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Humber River Regional Hospital's offers that may interest you