This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Join our team of Allied Health professionals and improve patient outcomes here at Humber River Hospital.
At Humber River Hospital the Allied Health team plays a pivotal role delivering diagnostic, technical, supportive and therapeutic patient care.
Right now we are looking for a Part Time Physiotherapist to work with our Allied Health Program.
At Humber River Hospital, our Physiotherapists help our patients achieve their maximum range of movement and physical ability. Working with an interdisciplinary team Physiotherapists assist in optimizing the mobility of our patients in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
Are you a qualified Registered Physiotherapist, comfortable with technology and a strong team player who can work effectively in conjunction with other inter-professional team members? If you answered yes to the question above, we invite you to read the details below and apply to this exciting career opportunity at Humber River Hospital.
Reporting Relationship: Manager of Allied Health
Hourly Rate Range: $37.52 to $46.57
Location: Wilson Site. Occasional cross site coverage at the Reactivation Care Centres (Finch & Church sites) may be required.
Hours of work: Available to work rotating shifts (Monday to Friday, Weekends & Statutory Holidays)
Employee Group: OPSEU 590
- Providing appropriate assessment and treatment of referred patients with neurological and stroke conditions within the Stroke unit during the weekends.
- Prioritizing patient caseload to meet the needs of referred patients.
- Recording client assessment, progress and discharge status.
- Recording timely workload measurement data.
- Works as a member of the health care team.
- Flexibility in caseload and program assignment.
- Able to manage patient caseload in a busy acute care setting.
- Clinical supervision of Rehabilitation Assistants with the Ontario College of Physiotherapy support personnel standards.
- Position will require scheduled weekend work on the Stroke unit and during statutory holidays.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Physiotherapy.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
- Eligibility for C.P.A membership.
- Previous physiotherapy experience is an asset. Experience working with stroke and neurological conditions preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Able to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team.
- Availability to work during the weekend and statutory holidays is a requirement for the part-time position
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
For interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
This position will be filled in accordance to the OPSEU 590 collective agreement.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Humber River Regional Hospital's offers that may interest you