This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Join our Occupational Health and Safety team and provide functional oversight of our attendance support program activities.
At Humber River Hospital, we are currently seeking a Manager, Attendance Support, Occupational Health & Abilities to join our Occupational Health and Safety team. This individual will be responsible for the overall leadership of the nursing and Attendance Support and Abilities program staff, including serving as a role model and mentor to staff and as a resource in clinical nursing practice within the scope of Occupational Health. This position works collaboratively with all members of the team to create a professional environment that supports operational efficiencies and optimizes team functioning.
Are you a passionate about helping employees provide strategies and solutions to absence challenges? Are you a proven Manager, Attendance Support, Occupational Health & Abilities who wishes to apply your exceptional skills at North America’s first fully digital hospital, where we work together to deliver innovative and compassionate healthcare in our community? If you answered yes, we invite you to read the details below and apply to this exciting career opportunity at Humber River Hospital.
Reporting Relationship: Director, Occupational Health and Safety
Hiring Salary Range: $85,078 - $90,3991
Employee Group: Non union
- Provides leadership to the nursing and attendance support & abilities program staff in terms of client care, staff relationships, efficiency of service and performance.
- Ensures effective communication occurs within the team, with customers and other portfolios within the department.
- Creates and maintains a professional environment that promotes collegiality, team-building and effective conflict resolution.
- Promotes behaviours and practices congruent with professional practice guidelines, as well as critical thinking skills and clinical judgement in staff.
- Serves as a role model and mentor to staff and as a resource in clinical nursing practice, including professional best practices and standards.
- Coach, and transfer knowledge to staff in order to ensure quality of care as well as optimal individual/team performance
- Responsible for providing counseling, interpretation and support of corporate HR guidelines relating to occupational health and abilities.
- Maintain the continuity, consistency and efficient day-to-day functioning of the Occupational Health and Abilities service.
- Advise and assists team members and clients in problem solving with the goal of continuous improvement and client satisfaction.
- Develop related clinical protocols, practice guidelines, health promotion and disease prevention resources.
- In collaboration with Human Resources, provides timely communication and support to management colleagues on the status of their staff that have been referred for consultation and follow up.
- Lead the delivery of new or existing programs and services, ensuring optimal performance, safe and efficient front line care for colleagues, efficient STD/WSIB claims management and associated return to work activities.
- Effectively manage the current Occupational Health and Abilities programs through the development and monitoring of applicable metrics.
- Review and assess related best practice metrics within the scope of services provided
- Anticipates and scans the environment for emerging challenges, risks and best practices to ensure optimal performance and compliance with changing guidelines, standards of care and legislation, including any related case law.
- Must be available for on-call support as required
- Undergraduate degree in Nursing
- Graduate degree in Health Management or related (MN/MSc/MA) required
- Current RN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN)
- Member of a Regulated health professional association (e.g. Nursing, Kinesiology, Physiotherapy)
- A Certified Disability Management Professional (CDMP) designation or certification, preferred
- A minimum of 5 years Occupational Health Administration and/or Certified Occupational Health Nursing experience required
- Strong experience with MS Office (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Parklane
- Excellent organizational, planning, assessment and evaluation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills are important to achieve success in this role.
- Effective leadership, tact and diplomacy, negotiation, analysis and problem solving skills
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Note: This is a non-union position
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Humber River Regional Hospital's offers that may interest you