This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. At North America’s first fully digital hospital, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Planner to join our Redevelopment team.
Reporting Relationship: Facilities Manager
Hours of work: Must be available for all shifts
Hourly Rate Range: $31.85
Employee Group: NOWU Service
- Researches specifications, drawings and Operation & Maintenance manuals in relation to Preventative Maintenance contracts
- Ensures needs are satisfactorily met; liaise with staff, stakeholders and administrators in developing, planning, implementing and monitoring quality improvement initiatives
- Schedule and identify total costs for preventative maintenance work to be completed
- Plans, schedules and estimates labour, material, equipment, PM frequency and downtime to complete preventative maintenance work
- Identifies compliance standards and ensures adherence through scheduling of maintenance work
- Organizing and maintaining technical information, regulatory compliance records, licensing and certification of all elements of HVAC system, life safety systems, electrical system, emergency power system, elevators, structural reviews, roofs, soils, painting, etc.
- Ensures all work is conducted in a manner that meets established departmental and government regulations
- Assists managing the maintenance management software (CMMS)
- Ensures that proper level of spare parts is available in the stores to minimize the down time or unavailability of space and/or equipment
- Assists in preparing accurate periodic reports for submission to the hospital
- Ensures that all work is carried out in accordance with applicable codes, regulations, policies, standards and guidelines; and for training of staff on policies and procedures
- Proactively identify and communicate preventative maintenance requirements
- Plan and oversee the implementation of preventive maintenance program and daily repairs to meet the hospital’s needs and requirements via the CMMS.
- Building System Maintenance/Building System Operator Diploma required
- Undergraduate degree in bachelor of engineering preferred
- PMP Certification preferred
- 1-3 years of maintenance planning required preferably in healthcare
- MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) required
- Knowledge and applied experience with maintenance planning, Computer literacy in Building Automation Systems word processing, spreadsheets and CMMS preventative/demand maintenance systems is necessary
- Strong communications and excellent interpersonal skills, combined with good analytical, problem solving
- Ability to work effectively under conditions of multiple demands and tight time lines
Interested applicants are required to submit an Application before the closing date. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Humber River Regional Hospital's offers that may interest you