This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Build your career at the hospital that’s building for the future
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. With the opening of our new facility, North America’s first fully digital hospital, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. We’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Executive Assistant, Executive Vice President & Chief of Clinical Programs and Executive Vice President Clinical Support Services, Post-Acute Care & Redevelopment.
The Executive Assistant to the Executive Vice Presidents will provide operational oversight of a major business unit containing multiple departments. This position will perform a wide range of administrative and operational support functions for day-to-day operations in an assigned executive office; coordinate day-to-day functions and related projects within their immediate office.
- Provide primary administrative support to Executive Vice President & Chief of Clinical Programs and Executive Vice President Clinical Support Services, Post-Acute Care & Redevelopment and secondary administrative support to assigned staff within their reporting structures; exercise confidentiality in the management and release of all information (e.g. perform administrative functions, conduct research, prepare reports, respond to information requests); participate in project assignments within assigned SMT reporting structure; facilitate the continuous operation and availability of the unit’s office equipment
- Act as the assigned office’s first point of contact for internal and external contacts to facilitate smooth, effective, and accurate information flows; balance priorities; respond to issues brought forward by staff, patients, patient families, volunteers, etc.; de-escalate complaints and refer to leadership staff for resolution
- Greet and screen incoming visitors and telephone calls to provide routine and general information, or redirect matters
- Monitor and maintain office correspondence (e.g. e-mail, mail, courier packages, etc.); draft responses to general issues; coordinate resources to support the executives in addressing identified issues; compose or edit a variety of highly confidential documents (e.g. correspondence, memos, contracts, proposals, reports, briefing notes, presentations)
- Produce documents for various audiences, including the Board of Governors(e.g. policy and technical reports, charts, and presentations, templates) using software applications; assist in the coordination and compilation of packages for board meetings; monitor accuracy of materials content
- Coordinate and monitor calendars (e.g. schedule meetings, arrange appointments, budget time, and provide reminders)
- Develop and maintain organized filing systems; maintain records; locate files, documents, and other information
- Support assigned projects within assigned reporting structure; track project timelines against targets
- Track and monitor reporting and other deadlines required to meet reporting requirements (e.g. MOH, LHIN, Cancer Care Ontario (CCO), etc.), contract expiries, etc.; distribute reports according to requirements; set reminders for stakeholders; collect signatures for Memoranda of Understanding, funding requirements, contracts with agencies, etc., and maintain signature list
Career Experience and Core Competencies:
- General Administration Diploma required, Health Administration Diploma preferred
- Business Management Degree preferred
- 5 years of experience providing administrative and executive support services required, in a health care setting preferred
- Experience with MS Office, MS Teams, Zoom, etc.
- Medical Terminology preferred
- Experience in scheduling, event planning and logistics, experience organizing travel requirements & conferences and budget preparation and maintenance required
- Experience in project coordination, business and statistical analysis and budget monitoring preferred
- Customer service, organizational skills, problem solving, tact and diplomacy experience required
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Humber River Regional Hospital's offers that may interest you