This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Join our Food Service team as we work together to create a healthy safe environment, with a focus on the patients well-being and nutritional needs.
At Humber River Hospital, our Food Service department plays a pivotal role in creating a fresh and tasty restaurant-style menu. Patients at Toronto's Humber River Hospital are enjoying more diverse food choices as a result.
Humber River will be one of the occupying hospitals at this site and as such, we are hiring a Dietary Aide to work in our newly designated Finch Reactivation Care Centre facility.
Are you a someone with strong food service and food handling experience? Are you adaptable to changing work routines? If you answered yes to any of the questions above, we invite you to read the details below and apply to this exciting career opportunity and Humber River Hospital.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Dietary Aide to join our Food Services team at the Finch Reactivation Care Centre facility.
Reporting Relationship: Manager, Patient Food Services
Hiring Rate Range: $23.313-$23.773
Shift: Must be available for all rotating shifts including alternating weekends.
Employee Group: NOWU
Location: Finch (Subject to Change)
- Tray passing, diet changes and preparation and portioning of food items as necessary.
- Regular cleaning and sanitation of work areas and department equipment.
- Working in dish room and pot wash room washing dishes and cooking equipment.
- Removing garbage, recycling and slop from the department.
- Safely and properly handling cleaning chemicals used in the department.
- Ensuring all areas of the kitchen are stocked with clean wares as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Ontario Secondary School diploma or equivalent.
- Good command of the English language (English reading and writing test will be administered).
- Minimum of 3 years hospital food service experience, including safe food handling and HACCP knowledge preferred.
- Food Handlers Certificate Required.
- Computer Knowledge an asset
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets and nutritional supplements.
- Ability to lift, pull and push weights of 25lbs or more frequently throughout shift.
- Must have a positive attitude and a genuine commitment to quality.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changing work routines or priorities.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering highly reliable safe, quality care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on evidence-based leadership practices and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a positive patient experience. At Humber River Hospital we believe in exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.
Interested applicants are required to submit an Application before the closing date. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance
Interested applicants are required to submit an Application before the closing date. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Humber River Regional Hospital's offers that may interest you