This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. With the opening of our new facility, North America’s first fully digital hospital, scheduled for October 18, 2015, the future is very exciting for our people and programs. And we’re looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Practice Leader to join our Maternal & Child team. The Clinical Practice Leader facilitates and supports continuous learning, professional development, and service excellence through education, coaching and, mentoring of staff and clients. Reporting to the Program Director and Director of Professional Practice, the Clinical Practice Leader provides leadership and clinical expertise to support quality excellence in patient care by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating programs.
- Consultation with the Program Director, Manager and staff regarding program needs
- Modelling excellence in clinical practice and professional development
- Promoting the development of interdisciplinary teams
- Designing learning needs assessments and developing educational programs to support these needs
- Conducting orientation and education for Birthing and Mother/Baby areas
- Developing continuous educations programs to keep staff updated with new practices, skills and certifications
- Facilitating development of interdisciplinary standard of care
- Education of staff to provide antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum care and breastfeeding support
- Education of staff in Neonatal Resuscitation/Lactation expertise, scrubbing and circulating for caesarean births and Fetal Health Surveillance.
- Current RN Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required
- Current BCLS, NRP and Fetal Monitoring certification required
- BScN required, preparation at the Masters Level is preferred
- Perinatal Nursing Certification an asset
- Previous recent Birthing Unit experience required
- Previous experience in an adult educator/Clinical Practice Leader role
- Experience in adult education principles that address facets of learning needs assessment
- Experience in the design, delivery and evaluation of educational programs
- Excellent verbal, written and computer skills
- Highly developed knowledge of team facilitation skills, change management and continuous quality improvements.
- Ability to be self-directed in fast paced environment
- Highly developed customer service approach
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment. Excellent organizational skills
- NRP and Fetal Monitoring Instructor certification an asset
Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Humber River Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate your needs as required under the Ontario Human Rights Code and Access for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Humber River Regional Hospital's offers that may interest you