This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
What This Position Is All About:
Reporting to the DVP, Communications, and Heritage, the Senior Manager, Heritage is responsible for managing all HBC Heritage programs and initiatives to ensure the company promotes and provides access to its history and assets maintained as part of the HBC Corporate Collection while adhering to the department’s mandate.
Who You Are:
- An analytical thinker with the ability to develop alternative approaches to solve problems
- General understanding of HBC’s history
- Understanding of Indigenous history in Canada
- Attention to detail and organized work habits
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to follow procedures and meet deadlines
- Initiative taking and ability to work as a team and manage projects through to completion on schedule and on budget
- Experience working with primary documents and artifacts
You Also Have:
- Minimum undergraduate university degree or diploma in history, art history, education, or related field. Masters or postgraduate certification in museum studies, cultural and heritage management, archives, history or a related field considered an asset
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in an archives/records/information program. Experience in education, communication, or public programming is an asset
- Direct experience working in a library, gallery, museum, archive, or other cultural institution or association; proven understanding of best practices within this professional sector
- Knowledge of artifact handling, collections management, conservation and care best practices
- Experience planning and implementing educational resources and programs for various age groups; demonstrated success with regard to public outreach
- Experience with InMagic database software, or other database experience, considered an asset
- Extensive working knowledge of standard computer software (G-suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe applications)
- Prior experience, professional or personal, managing and using Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms
- Demonstrated interest and working knowledge of Canadian history, including art history
- Experience conducting efficient and accurate historical research and reference services
- Ability to write and present information in various formats and settings
- Experience with WordPress and CMS considered an asset
As The Senior Manager, Heritage, You Will:
- Maintaining the HBC Heritage function as a critical asset to the business
- Overseeing the long-term preservation of the company’s cultural assets, from archival records to artifacts to art
- Providing research support and direction to internal and external requestors, including students, educators, authors, institutions and the general public
- Ensuring Heritage communications are created with truthful and accurate historical information
- Supporting and consulting on company-wide events, products, and initiatives with relevant historical information
- Advancing HBC’s participation in Truth and Reconciliation
- Developing and implementing educational programs rooted in HBC history to engage and educate associates and the public about North America’s oldest company
- Oversee the Heritage Specialist
- Build associate and customer engagement by supporting annual events such as the celebration of the company’s anniversary every May and the further development of the education program
- Web and Social Media Management and Support
How Often You May Travel:
Your Life and Career at HBC:
- Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator!
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
- A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
- Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental).
- An amazing employee discount
Thank you for your interest with HBC. We look forward to reviewing your application.
HBC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,compensation and training.
HBC welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Hudson's Bay Company's offers that may interest you