This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Join a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex systems for space within Honeywell Aerospace.
As a Lead Optical Systems Engineer you will part of a team that specializes in the design, development and manufacturing of novel, state-of-the-art optical instruments for military, space and commercial applications, including Earth observation, atmospheric monitoring, space situational awareness, space science, and optical communications.
You will be integral in creating system solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers. As Lead Optical Engineer, you will work in a small cross-functional team of Mechanical, Optical and Systems engineers collaborating on the design, development and implementation of space science instruments, technology and missions. A broad spectrum of optical and opto-mechanical elements, such as mirrors and mounts, to critical subsystems such as fore optics and detector assembly, and to full instruments with electronics and mechanisms will need to be designed, assembled, integrated, and tested.
- Participate as a key team member in the development of unique mechanical concepts for optics, optical mount, flexures and structures with critical constraints that meet the demanding requirements of space applications.
- Lead the development, build and test of hardware that is driven towards lower cost and higher volumes.
- Develop strategies and methods to be able to efficiently and quickly build and test systems and components that require critically precise alignment.
- Defining the assembly, integration, and test of complex optical systems and leading the execution of those activities.
- Using optical test equipment to measure optical performance, and optical alignments
- Environmental testing of equipment
The Honeywell building is a controlled goods program environment. Candidates must be eligible for CGP clearance.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Honeywell's offers that may interest you