- Salary To be discussed
- Published on May 7th, 2022
- Add to favorites
As soon as possible
This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Registered Nurse, Trillium Acute Care
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As a Registered Nurse, you will be an integral part of a collaborative, inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
Internal applications for positions within a bargaining unit must be received within 7 days of this position being posted to have seniority considered.
What you'll be doing
• Provide care to patients admitted in psychiatric crisis requiring short stay admission to in the Intensive Care Unit and the Assessment and Stabilization program
• Assume Charge Nurse responsibilities as assigned, and direct the work of others
• Contribute to fluctuating patient care needs according to CNO standards, RNAO Best Practice Guidelines, specific program philosophy and diversified patient populations
• Work from nursing care plans established by the primary nurse for each patient
• Administer psychiatric and non-psychiatric medications and treatments
• Provide group facilitation
• Assess and prevent suicide and manage aggressive behaviour through non-violent crisis intervention techniques
• Maintain accurate and timely documentation and reports
• Engage with interdisciplinary teams and individual team members as appropriate
• Act as a preceptor, mentor, coach, or resource nurse as appropriate
• Participate in clinical discussions, team meetings, and patient/family conferences
What we're looking for
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse with the CNO, in good standing
• BScN preferred
• CPMHN (C) preferred
• 2+ years of experience working with patients who have a broad range of psychiatric diagnoses preferred
• 2+ years recent experience in Emergency Mental Health/Acute Assessment preferred
• 1 year in Charge Nurse role preferred
• Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act, and community mental health resources
• CPR/Basic Rescuer
• Proven ability to assume leadership
• Experience with group facilitation
• Sound clinical judgment based on current best practices, and patient centered care
• Applied understanding of the Mental Status Exam, and Crisis management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong inter-personal skills and respectful communication style with patients, families and staff
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
Homewood Health Inc. is committed to ensuring that its teams reflect the diversity of our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role. Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.