- Salary To be discussed
- Published on January 7th, 2022
- Add to favorites
As soon as possible
This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
With over 130 years of experience, Homewood Health Centre is one of Canada's largest and leading facilities for medically focused, physician-led treatment of mental health and addiction disorders.
Homewood is growing and is looking for Psychiatrists to join our Psychiatry Services team. You will be an active member of the core inter-professional team which includes psychology, nursing, social work, occupational therapy, recreational therapy, horticulture therapy and addiction services support.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
What you'll be doing
• Work individually with patients as the admitting psychiatrist, providing comprehensive diagnostic assessments, determining pharmacologic treatments and provide ongoing monitoring during the patient’s treatment course
• Participate in group based programming by facilitating/co-facilitating groups
• Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with all team members as well as other consultants/clinicians in the health centre to provide comprehensive care to each patient
• Engage in the ongoing process of quality review and improvement of our programming
• Share your unique knowledge and experience with the team through your daily interactions, mentoring and specific teaching sessions
• Demonstrate professionalism in practice by upholding the standards that relate to all areas of practice, including communication and documentation
What we're looking for
• Member of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario and the Canadian Medical Protective Association
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a psychiatrist in a similar role is preferred
• Interest in working with complex and comorbid disorders
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Interest in learning and teaching to continually enhance patient care
• Ability to create an environment that supports team spirit and collaboration across the organization
• Experience in delivering group therapies would be a welcome asset
• Ability to inspire others to be accountable through action, decisions and/or communications
• Demonstrated commitment to Homewood’s Values (Service Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, Integrity)
• Commitment to working within Homewood’s Health and Safety Standards
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
Homewood Health Inc. is committed to ensuring that its teams reflect the diversity of our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.