- Salary To be discussed
- Published on October 5th, 2021
- Add to favorites
As soon as possible
This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
We have an immediate, rewarding career opportunity for a Physician to join our multi-disciplinary healthcare team at Ravensview, part of Homewood Health, the national leader in mental health and addictions treatment in Canada. In this role, you will be an integral part of a collaborative team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers.
Homewood Ravensview is a private 75-bed mental health, trauma and addiction facility offering evidence-based, medically-led, inpatient services for first responders, military, veterans, executives & professionals, adults, and young adults. Located in North Saanich on 28 acres of forested hillside, Homewood Ravensview offers clients a comfortable and safe environment featuring serene ocean views from spacious rooms, welcoming common areas and a world-class team of physicians, psychiatrists, counsellors and 24-hour nursing professionals.
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive Total Rewards Package
• Opportunity to apply, and continually develop, your knowledge of mental health and addictions care through formal learning and collaborative colleagues and clinicians
• Access to professionally-designed fitness facility, serene outdoor spaces for walking and running, and direct access to John Dean Park
• Free staff parking
• Onsite dining room with gourmet meals prepared by our Red-Seal Chef
What you'll be doing
• Provide routine medical care and supervision of patients including medication management
• Screen patients for common medical co-morbidities and evaluate co-existing medical conditions to identify potential medication impact and drug interactions, to include over-the-counter (OTC) medications
• Administer or prescribe treatments and medications
• Promote health by advising patients concerning diet, hygiene and disease prevention
• Refer patients to medical specialist for consultant services when necessary for patient’s well-being
• Work continually to assure deliverance of quality clinical care
• Prepare records and reports as required in support of services rendered
• Attend and participate in patient care reports, discharge summaries, patient care conferences, family conferences and interdisciplinary staff meetings
• Review all laboratory results as well as medical documentation from other healthcare providers and manage each patient according to established best practice and accrediting and regulatory guidelines
• Write medical orders based upon the individual needs of the patient and sign off on all medical orders; review medical therapy and ensure documentation of those activities in the patient’s chart
• Work collaboratively with an inter-disciplinary team of nurses and clinicians to provide excellent care in an environment committed to patient centered care
What we're looking for
• Membership with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC and the Canadian Medical Protective Association; CCFP (or FRCPC in Psychiatry)
• Three years’ experience as a Physician
• Comprehensive knowledge of evidence-based best practices in the treatment of mental disorders, addictions and concurrent disorders and the treatment and principles of recovery in mental illness and addictions including suicide prevention, treatment, and emergency response
• Comprehensive knowledge of Psychosocial Rehabilitation methodology, chemical dependency and addictions treatment, psychopharmacology (indications and side-effects) and psychotherapeutic and counseling skills
• Understanding of the Mental Health Act as it applies to the rights and obligations of clients and staff
• Knowledge of community, social and mental health resources
• Advanced assessment and diagnostic reasoning skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to build strong teams
• Non-judgmental, skillful communication, including active listening, in relation to patient and family as well as with the team members
• Ability to effectively manage conflict situations and aggressive behaviour and use non-violent crisis intervention and behavioural management techniques
• Accurate observation and record keeping skills combined with strong organizational and time management skills
• Problem-solving and critical thinking
• Proficient with common computer programs including medication administration software
Homewood Ravensview acknowledges with respect the WSÁNEĆ people on whose territory it operates and recognizes that their historical relationship with the land continues to this day.
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
Homewood Health Inc. is committed to ensuring that its teams reflect the diversity of our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role. Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.