- Salary To be discussed
- Published on January 7th, 2022
- Add to favorites
As soon as possible
This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Nurse Manager, After Hours Onsite
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As a Nurse Manager, After Hours Onsite, you will be an integral part of a collaborative, inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers while providing after-hours clinical and operational leadership support to the Hospital. You’ll be responsible for the management of resources for practice, patient safety, occupational health and safety and the delivery of efficient and effective client care. You will also provide operational and clinical leadership, mentoring, and coaching for Afterhours Managers & The Nursing Resource Team members and act as a clinical resource and supervisor for afterhours frontline staff. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
What you'll be doing
• Manage, supervise, and monitor overall delivery of patient care and related unit activity including nursing model of care
• Act as a resource and contact for community and family members as well as for clinical emergencies, codes and infection control issues
• Monitor and follow-up on critical incidents, patient and family complaints/concerns
• Direct the workflow, and oversee productivity and engagement of the charge nurse and nursing team, which will include staff development, orientation, recruitment, scheduling, performance management/progressive disciplinary process and union-related activities
• Act as a consultant in complex clinical decisions relating to patient care, admissions, transfers and discharges
• Facilitate problem solving, conflict resolution and integration/collaboration with the interdisciplinary team
• Evaluate nursing care and practices and ensure competency of nursing staff in accordance with Standards of Practice, Ethical Standards, Legislated Regulated Health Professions Act, Patient Care, Hospital Standards, and College of Nurses of Ontario
• Supervise implementation of, and adherence to, new policies, procedures and equipment related to team members and patient care
• Develop and implement nursing standards, policies, and procedures as well as protocols that address nursing treatment plans, in collaboration with the Director of the unit and professional practice
• Coordinate clinical placement of nursing students and facilitate learning needs of nursing students, in conjunction with their instructors or charge nurse
• Provide leadership in debriefing, reviewing and follow-up of all critical incidents that occur, in alignment with your Director
• Review, respond and take action to reduce risk management issues
• Initiate, design and implement quality improvement activities within the nursing unit
• Ensure that necessary data related to the key quality indicators for the nursing unit is available and collected for analysis
• In collaboration with your Director, prepare the budget submission and maintain day to day, the approved budget relating to nursing
• Ensure ongoing compliance with accreditation standards
• Provide support, guidance, and education to support care delivery in a manner consistent with the principles, policies and best practices of Homewood
• Coordinate after hours response to crisis and emergencies and support the initial investigations
• Address issues that arise among clients, staff, families and other stakeholders related to client care
• Provide continuity in management, care and services and maintain communication with Unit Managers, Operations leaders, notifying Senior Leadership of urgent matters
• Where necessary, make decisions regarding best utilization of resources throughout the hospital
What we're looking for
• Current CNO Certification as Registered Nurse
• Certificate in mental Health Nursing; Canadian CPMHN (C) preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
• Health Management Diploma or progressive management related education is required
• Demonstrated experience working with patients who have a broad range of psychiatric and addiction diagnoses, many of which are chronic
• Self-directed, independent decision maker with excellent organizational skills
• Sound clinical judgment based on current practices and client-centered care
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability and willingness to actively listen, problem solve and negotiate
• Excellent computer skills, having worked with a number of systems and software application, are essential
• Experience supervising both non-union and unionized staff
• Understand principles of health and safety in the workplace and promote same
• CPR, First Aid, suicide prevention training; HART training (Homewood Aggression Response Training) will be required and provided
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Homewood Health Centre requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
Homewood Health Inc. is committed to ensuring that its teams reflect the diversity of our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role. Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.