- Salary To be discussed
- Published on October 14th, 2021
- Add to favorites
As soon as possible
This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As an Addiction Counsellor, you will be an integral part of a collaborative, inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. Addiction and Mental Health counselling services are available to patients of the Guelph General Hospital through the Mental Health and Addictions Clinicians in the Emergency Department and Short Stay Assessment Unit as well as the Consult Liaison Program.
The overarching goal of Addiction Counselling Support is to provide appropriate, empathetic, non-judgmental and respectful care urgently to individuals identifying any sort of problematic mental health and substance use while ultimately helping the client to increase their quality of life and decrease the time spent in crisis and in hospital. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
Hours: Permanent Part-time, 20 hours per week. Shifts are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm and 11:00 am to 7:00 pm plus weekends on a Master schedule.
What you'll be doing
• Conduct assessments for mental health and/or substance use, problem gambling and other related areas to help guide in treatment planning
• Provide individual and group counselling utilizing evidence-informed practices including but not limited to: Motivational Interviewing, Stage-Matched Intervention, Trauma-Informed approaches, Brief Solution-focused Therapy, CBT and DBT informed approaches
• Offer individual and/or group support to family members
• Support/complete patient’s or client’s discharge planning and safety planning for high risk situations
• Develop and present psycho-educational sessions
• Demonstrate clinical leadership by establishing treatment goals and working with the patient or client and other team members to develop action steps
• Complete documentation and record-keeping
• Participate in quality initiatives; track and monitor appropriate indicators
• Educate patients on medications related to substance use treatment
What we're looking for
• Valid registration with the relevant college/governing body in Ontario, such as the Ontario College of Registered Psychotherapists (CRPO), or in pursuit of relevant credential, is mandatory
• Certification in Addiction Counselling (ICADC) preferred
• Membership with Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation (CACCF) preferred
• GAINS Q3 certification would be an asset
• Understanding and working knowledge of Addiction Medicine
• Experience working with concurrent addictions in an emergency department would be an asset
• Experience working with chemical dependence and concurrent psychiatric disorders (Borderline Personality Disorder, Axis II, Psychosis, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder)
• Minimum 3-5 years' experience in group and individual counselling and experience in foundational and process groups (personal exploration groups), with demonstrated knowledge and skills in this approach
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Homewood Health Centre requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
Homewood Health Inc. is committed to ensuring that its teams reflect the diversity of our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role. Join Homewood Health and be part of an exceptional team that is helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.