This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Public transportation nearby
Homes First is growing and we need Supervisors to work Monday to Friday afternoons and overnights, as well as Saturday and Sunday, days, afternoons and overnights.
Mission Statement: Homes First Society develops and provides affordable, stable housing and support services to break the cycle of homelessness for people with the fewest housing options.
APPLICANTS MUST QUOTE “SJ20"
- Supervise a unionized workforce within the context of the Collective Agreement.
- Provide case management expertise and support to Shelter Staff
- Provide brief crisis counseling, information and referrals for applicants who cannot be placed immediately
- Develop and implement programs focused on the optimization and continuous improvement of the performances and practices
- Manage employee performance and perform necessary administrative duties such as vacation planning, timekeeping, performance reviews, etc.
- Implement and maintain a system for collecting relevant statistics needed for evaluations report and funding proposals
- Manage city operated database, case management system and billing system
- Ensure effective communications with other departments within Homes First Society as well as with external agencies
- Prioritize and assign shift responsibilities and duties to team members
- Develop individualized case plans with designated participants and help participants achieve their goals
- Ensure that all documentation is completed to agency standards
- Be able to work occasional weekends and/or evenings, when required
- Be able to fulfill any element of Shelter Staff job description on an as needed basis
- Be willing and able to carry 24 hour emergency pager on rotation
- Working in an environment where there may be smoke is required.
- Other responsibilities, as required
- Post-secondary education in related field or equivalent in education and experience
- At least 5 years’ experience working with people who are homeless, under-housed and dealing with aliictions and mental illness
- Demonstrated experience performing assessment, advocacy, referral and case management functions and ability to effectively prioritize work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Supervisory experience in a unionized setting an asset
- Knowledge of relevant laws, standards and guidelines; including the Ontario Lanulord and Tenant Act and Residential Tenancies Act
- Knowledge of resources and services available in the community
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and organization skills
- Certificates in First Aid, CPR, Crisis Prevention and Intervention an asset
- The successful candidate will be required to work where smoking is present.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
En : Advanced
En : Advanced
Internal reference No. SJ20
Other Homes First's offers that may interest you