This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Public transportation nearby
Mission Statement: Homes First Society develops and provides affordable, stable housing and support services to break the cycle of homelessness for people with the fewest housing options.APPLICANTS PLEASE QUOTE “IS21”
The Inventory Specialist maintains purchasing and record of inventory by procuring and keeping track of Home’s First’s supplies and inventory; as well as ensuring inventory movement, quantity and quality of inventory purchased.
- Ensure proper ordering of supplies, materials, products and equipment by monitoring usage of supplies;
- In charge of distribution and delivery of products;
- Maintaining responsibility for ordering supplies and equipment;
- Keep track of inventory on hand and make estimates for timelines to increase inventory;
- Identify areas of inventory opportunity and put into place action plans to address these opportunities;
- Purchase all materials, parts, products, supplies and equipment in a timely and cost-effective way, while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications;
- Receive and analyze requests from team members for products and services;
- Look for potential suppliers, new products and alternative products;
- Follow up on order confirmation and track orders to ensure timely delivery;
- Coordinate to arrange/expedite delivery as needed;
- Check for damaged items;
- Maintain and track the list of parts or equipment sent for repair;
- Product registration, identification for warranty purposes.
- Demonstrate and maintain professional interpersonal skills when dealing with internal and external personnel;
- Negotiate terms with suppliers such as price, quality of goods, deadlines, expectations, etc.;
- Respond to product issues and make the necessary corrections;
- Manage clear, timely communication with suppliers and internal stakeholders;
- Keep track of adjustments and communicate to all appropriate parties;
- Coordinate disbursement of inventory throughout the organization;
- Scan/email/distribute final inventory report at the end each month;]
- Attend and conduct year-end inventory audits;
- 2 years of experience in inventory, supply chain experience, and/or purchasing;
- College/university certificate/diploma;
- Experience with inventory control;
- Must have experience with Purchase Order entry & Invoice management;
- Possess physical strength necessary to unload and restock supplies;
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills;
- Exhibits ability to think creatively in order to devise best inventory control practices.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word);
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Exceptional organization and time management skills;
- Ability to problem solve, propose solutions/alternative;
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision;
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments
- Able to prioritize and meet budgets deadlines and achieve objectives;
- Sound judgment and a high degree of professionalism in dealing with confidential information to protect both the vendor and the company;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Knowledge of homeless population and ability to work with people who have mental health and addiction issues an asset
Working in an environment where there may be smoke is required.
The successful applicant must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to Homes First Society
Homes First Society is an equal opportunity employer
Staff decorating our shelters to bring the residents some Christmas cheer!
2020 Thanksgiving Dinner Donations from CubbyKitch
CubbyKitchen is a new organization, working with culturally experienced chefs to deliver locally sourced, nutritious, and diverse meals, in a contact-free environment. CubbyKitchen was able to support Homes First this long weekend with a generous delivery of freshly prepared meals.
Last Walking Therapy Session of the Season
Kennedy Shelter recently held their last Walking Therapy Session of the season. With the weather getting colder, there have been fewer people joining per session. Staff decided to wrap up 2020 with a beautifully colourful stroll.
Staff lead residents through the ravine and along the home stretch located behind the shelter. Our long-time resident Zelma joined it for the first time. Seeing the grapevines and the apple trees in people's backyard, Zelma said it reminded her of a time as a child she use to climb trees for fruits and coffee beans.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
En : Advanced
En : Advanced
Internal reference No. IS21
Other Homes First's offers that may interest you