This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Public transportation nearby
Intensive Case Management Worker - Living Spaces (Bargaining Unit Position)
Mission Statement: Homes First Society develops and provides affordable, stable housing and support services to break the cycle of homelessness for people with the fewest housing options.
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm, with some flexibility required
This position is dedicated to specifically addressing issues related to the tenant’s living space; focusing on assisting the tenants with issues around hoarding, bedbug/pest infestations and general housekeeping to ensure a safe, clean, healthy living space and alleviating these issues that often leads to eviction. In order to be successful you need to keep current on technologies and procedures; ensure adherence to the mission statement, policies, and procedures of Homes First Society.
- Knowledge of best practices for bed bug, pest and hoarding issues
- Knowledge of group processes and dynamics
- Demonstrated interpersonal and team work skills; ability to maintain co-operative working relationships with Shelter co-workers and interact positively with the tenant population who have experienced homelessness, mental health and addiction problems
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Self-motivated with the ability to problem solve individually and as part of a team/group
- Demonstrated organizational, time management, and administration skills
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, in languages other than English an asset
- Working with other staff, Property Supervisor and tenants to prepare for bed bug/pest removal and/or assist in hoarding clean-up and housing issues stemming from hoarding
- Maintain bed bug/pest control tools and equipment in good condition
- Must be able to lift 25 kilograms
- Post-secondary education or equivalent
- Several years’ experience working with people who are homeless, under-housed and who are hard to house
- Knowledge of tenant population, diversity issues, anti-discrimination practices and systemic reasons for homelessness
- Experience with RTA
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of relevant laws, standards and guidelines
- Knowledge of resources and services available in the community
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution and organization skills
- Certificates in First Aid, CPR, Crisis Prevention and Intervention an asset
** Note that the above job requirements are not exhaustive. Other duties may be assigned from time to time as required.
Working in an environment where there may be smoke is required.
The successful applicant must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to Homes First SocietyHomes First Society is an equal opportunity employer
Staff lead residents through the ravine and along the home stretch located behind the shelter. Our long-time resident Zelma joined it for the first time. Seeing the grapevines and the apple trees in people's backyard, Zelma said it reminded her of a time as a child she use to climb trees for fruits and coffee beans.
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
En : Advanced
En : Advanced
Internal reference No. ICMLS
Other Homes First's offers that may interest you