This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Mission Statement: Homes First Society develops and provides affordable, stable housing and support services to break the cycle of homelessness for people with the fewest housing options.
Hours of Work: 5 days per week, flexible schedule needed with one evening per week
Starting Date: Contract position starting ASAP, approximately 6 months in length
APPLICANTS MUST QUOTE “FS21”
The Intensive Case Management Worker - Follow up Supports position provides a multidisciplinary, specialized mobile team providing in-home, follow-up support services to referred clients. The team will share a caseload of clients, accompany clients to any meetings or appointments and provide rapid rehousing supports stability, while adhering to the mission statement and policies & procedures of Homes First Society. The goal of these roles will be to break the cycle of homelessness and improve housing stability.
- Accept client referrals from the City’s coordination team
- Participate in the client transfer process as outlined by the City
- Provide responsive, client-centered Follow-Up Support Services to help clients stabilize their housing and connect to community-based supports and services
- Develop and monitor an individualized case management plan for each client
- Provide rehousing supports and assistance where the tenancy cannot be sustained
- Complete and regularly update an assessment of housing-related support needs to provide referrals to a wide array of community-based supports, services and programs based on client’s goals, needs and choices
- Support participants in the program to complete individualized case plans that focus on housing stabilization
- Provide wrap-around case management supports and liaising/mediation with landlords to stabilize housing
- System navigation and referrals to a wide array of community-based supports, services and programs based on client’s goals, needs and choices
- Identify, trouble-shoot and resolve issues as they arise during implementation of the project
- Record best practices and collect data for evaluation purposes
- Use a housing first approach consistent with the service model when implementing the program
- Participate in staff training and orientation
- Participate in joint meetings with program housing workers and clients to ensure a smooth transfer after clients have secured permanent housing
- Maintain client records professionally and confidentially in accordance with Homes First standards
- Develop and monitor case management plans including crisis plans for each client
- Post-secondary degree in Addictions or a related field; Canadian Certified Addiction Counsellor certificate from the Canadian Addiction Counsellor's Certification Federation an asset
- Minimum of 3 years’ addictions counselling experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Demonstrated understanding of the psychology of addiction, issues underlying addiction, trauma and mental health issues
- Experienced in case management, group facilitation and teaching adults
- Proven interviewing and counselling skills
- Exceptional communication skills – written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- able to work independently and in inter-dependent teams, with minimum supervision in a busy and flexible environment
- Mobile and comfortable delivering care in clients’ homes
- Able to trouble-shoot and resolve issues as they arise
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Certificates in First Aid, CPR, Crisis Prevention and Intervention an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Experience working in a supportive housing setting an asset
- Cultural-sensitivity training an asset
- Ability to work evenings
Working in an environment where there may be smoke is required.
The successful applicant must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to Homes First Society
Homes First Society is an equal opportunity employer
Homes First is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
Pleae note, all candidates offered a position with Homes First from September 8, 2021 onward must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination status as a condition of employment. Please note Homes First will comply with its human rights obligations and accommodate employees who are legally entitled to accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
En : Advanced
Internal reference No. FS21
Other Homes First's offers that may interest you