Information Technology Assistant
Homes First90 Shuter Street, 2nd Floor, Toronto,ON
- Salary 50000.00 to 54000.00 $ per year according to experience
37.50 h - Full time
- Published on May 9th, 2023
1 position to fill as soon as possible
all statutory holidays paid while on contract
6.1% employer pension
Mission Statement: Homes First Society develops and provides affordable, stable housing and support services to break the cycle of homelessness for people with the fewest housing options.
Starting Date: ASAP
Salary: $50,000-$54,000 annually
Closing Date: March 17, 2023 at 04:45 pm
Submit Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICANTS PLEASE QUOTE “IT-23”
The IT Assistant reports to the IT Manager and is responsible for providing technological support to all shelter and supportive housing locations within the organization and adheres to the mission statement and policies & procedures of Homes First Society.
- Administration of email and various system accounts
- Maintain inventory and take care of tools and equipment
- Hardware / software configuration, installation and support
- Conducting and documenting system security tests, strategies and procedures
- Maintain documentation for all procedures, ensuring that procedures meet standard methodologies and are kept up to date
- Offers technical support to users by responding to questions and concerns
- Troubleshoots common issues and directs employees towards appropriate department if further assistance is needed
- Identifies problems and guides employees through corrective steps
- Improves system performance by solving problems and recommending effective changes
- Drive to various work sites to perform installations and troubleshooting
- Support all associated service equipment for organization: Internet, Routers, switches, Security DVR/NVRs, cellular (Smart Phones), Smart TVs, printers, fax machines, analogue/digital Voip/SIP, phone systems, door entry systems, Audio/Video Equipment, and Software
- Install, test, troubleshoot and repair as required by request of IT Manager
- Provide excellent service and educating staff on products and services
- Administrative duties such as updating work orders/tickets, equipment stock, and keep detailed, accurate information for sites technology
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with staff and interact positively with tenant populations who have experienced homelessness, mental health and addictions
- Periodically updates knowledge base by maintaining personal networks and participating in training opportunities
- Must have own car and valid G license
- Completion of post-secondary education in information technology or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- In-depth understanding of a wide variety of operating systems
- Solid grasp of desktop Operating Systems, software including Microsoft Office, and anti-virus applications for both desktops and laptops
- Knowledge of networking topology and protocols
- Proven technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Previous help desk experience is an asset
- Experience working with people who have experienced homelessness, mental health, and/or addictions is an asset
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Working in an environment where there may be smoke is required.
The successful applicant must provide a criminal record check that is satisfactory to Homes First Society
Homes First Society is an equal opportunity employer
Homes First is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy:
Please note, all candidates offered a position with Homes First from September 8, 2021 onward must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination status as a condition of employment. Please note Homes First will comply with its human rights obligations and accommodate employees who are legally entitled to accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
En : Advanced
En : Advanced
Internal reference No.
Other Homes First's offers that may interest you