Home Trust is Canada’s leading alternative mortgage lender, employing nearly 1,000 people in our Toronto headquarters and branches across the country. Our vision is to be Canada’s market leader in alternative-based financial services solutions. Building on the strength of our core residential mortgage lending business, the Company and its affiliates also offer complementary lending services and competitive deposit investment products through Oaken Financial, and Home Bank. Our culture has been shaped by the passion and integrity of our people, and we are guided by our mission and belief that every Canadian deserves a home and the opportunity to prosper. Home Trust is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Home Capital Group, which trades on the TSX under the symbol HCG.
- Participate in the development of the risk control matrix (RCM) that summarizes and assesses the key risks, control objectives, control activities, and related test procedures.
- Participate in, and document walkthroughs to assess the design effectiveness of key control processes.
- Execute test plans to assess operating effectiveness of control processes.
- Identify, assess and document the root causes of material risk management and control weaknesses..
- Prepare working paper documentation in compliance with the internal audit methodology.
- Document clear, concise and objective test results and contribute to the formalization of findings and recommendations that add value to the business.
- Follow-up on outstanding findings to assess timeliness and appropriateness of actions taken by management.
- Provide assistance to the Internal Audit management team in supporting group administrative activities and departmental projects and periodic reporting processes.
- Maintain audit documentation in the internal audit software, and act as the subject matter expert on the software
- Maintain awareness of emerging issues in the regulatory and external environments (including developments in technology and cyber security) to support internal audit advice and recommendations and share knowledge with the internal audit team.
- Post secondary degree or diploma required (University degree preferred) in Internal Audit or equivalent or Accounting or equivalent
- 3- 5 years of experience in auditing IT within a regulated Canadian financial institution;
- Knowledge of risk and control frameworks (i.e. COBIT, ITIL, ISO27001) and ITGC best practices to support ICFR
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with audit experience with financial institutions in the residential or commercial mortgage lending business.
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment and expectations within the Canadian financial services industry (ie. OSFI, FINTRAC, AML, FCAC)
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving - exceptional
- Critical thinking
- Time management, highly organized
- Attention to detail/ accuracy
- Communication (verbal and written) - excellent
- Interpersonal relationship building
- Ability to work effectively within established guidelines
- Composure/ working well under pressure
- Team player
- Team building
- Proactive/ takes initiative/ self starter
- Risk management objectives and processes - expert knowledge
- Able to work beyond standard hours as required (including some evenings, weekends)
- Bilingualism an asset