This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Home Capital Group Inc., together with its operating subsidiary Home Trust Company, has developed a track record of success as Canada’s leading alternative lender, employing nearly 800 people in our Toronto headquarters and branches across the country. Building on the demonstrated strength of our core residential and commercial mortgage lending business, the Company and its affiliates also offer complementary lending services and competitive deposit investment products. Our culture has been shaped by the passion and integrity of our people. Home Trust is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Home Capital Group, trading on the TSX under the symbol HCG.
- Develop credit risk strategies for lending portfolios, leveraging a data driven approach and recommend risk adjusted pricing
- Maintain performance monitoring on new accounts; ensure performance aligns with expected outcomes
- Proactively identify risk segments that are impacting portfolio performance and recommend enhancements in strategy
- Design and develop dashboards to track KPIs, identify trends and monitor quality of new originations and total portfolio
- Work on improving the portfolio’s risk-reward trade-off and recommend enhancements and optimization.
- Diagnose, document and report drivers of unexpected changes to portfolio/origination composition and credit performance
- Identify and report on portfolio Early warning triggers .
- Develop analytics and insights using enterprise and external data sources highlighting opportunity for revenue growth and loss mitigation.
- Support the development of sound forecasting models leveraging multiple sources of data and incorporating economic and portfolio scenarios
- Provide data and insights on all lending portfolios for senior management or external audiences, as required
- Collaborate with BI team to develop and enhance credit risk reports that compare portfolio performance against key risk indicators
- Post secondary degree or diploma preferred in related area
- Minimum 4 years in credit risk analytics within a financial institution
- Practical knowledge of leading industry best practices in statistical modelling, especially PD and LGD models for various products.
- Practical knowledge of origination and account management strategy design.
- Data mining, segmentation and statistical model development
- Communication (verbal and written) - excellent
- Time management, highly organized
- Analytical thinking
- Professional maturity- exceptional
- Attention to detail/ accuracy
All employees of Home Capital Group Inc. must comply with all applicable Home Capital Group Inc, Home Trust Company, and specific Line of Business policies, standards, guidelines and controls. Additionally, all employees are obligated to become familiar with Home’s risk management framework and understand the operational risk management requirements within their specific business. Employees are also expected to understand and comply with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct & Ethics Policy at all times and escalate any issues or concerns through various reporting channels (i.e. Ombudsman, Compliance Hotline, Whistleblower Policy, etc).
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Home Trust Company's offers that may interest you