This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
The Inventory Supervisor oversees the execution and quality of the physical inventory process for the company, including responsibility for ensuring proper cutoffs and quality of inventory counts to obtain an accurate inventory. He/she also trains store/district associates on store operations, inventory prep and count procedures. In addition, the Inventory Supervisor conducts store audits and compliance reviews as needed or requested.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
65% Lead the inventory day process, perform key cutoff procedures, certify the accuracy and integrity of the physical inventory and communicate inventory results to all levels of management
15% Test and execute store audits and compliance reviews
10% Provide training to store and district associates and management on store operations and all inventory-related procedures
10% Assist with developing, testing and implementation of store inventory preparation and physical count processes and procedures
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to Inventory Manager
Responsible for helping others and providing on-the-job training or guidance
Typically requires overnight travel approximately 25% of the time, varies seasonally.
Experience, knowledge Requirements:
• Internal Candidates: Must fulfill minimum time-in-position (1 year) and performance management code requirements (M+, Meets expectation, Consistently demonstrates).
• Must be bilingual in English and French
• Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks at once and prioritize work.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Prior retail operations or inventory experience preferred.
• Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
• Ability to work unsupervised.
• Ability to generate multiple solutions to problems.
• Knowledge of all areas of THD store operations and store inventory preparation procedures.
• Ability to comfortably interact with all levels of management.
• Must be able to make decisions independently; reacts quickly and appropriately to problems in the store; follows-up in a timely manner to issues not immediately resolvable; ties loose ends.
• Maintains a high volume, high quality work load under demanding conditions (i.e. time constraint, angry customer, noisy environment); maintains a positive attitude; is a model for stress management.
• Knowledge of standard operating procedures (SOP); demonstrates knowledge of SOP by applying any steps, rules and/or guidelines needed to perform job effectively.
• Concentrates on specifics despite distractions; catches errors before completing tasks; maintains high quality standards for his/her work.
• Seeks knowledge about all aspects of his/her business; is aware of his/her own strengths and weaknesses; seeks developmental feedback.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 214327BR
Other Home Depot of Canada Inc.'s offers that may interest you