This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Supervisor of the Stem Cell Registry and Laboratory, the Stem Cell Registry Agent is responsible for participants’ eligibility for the Public Cord Blood Bank and the Public Mothers’ Milk Bank.
• Educate and support mothers in their donation process, answer their questions, and direct them to the appropriate professional services, as needed;
• Evaluate newly registered participants (mothers) in the Public Cord Blood Bank and/or the Public Mothers’ Milk Bank using a phone questionnaire in keeping with Héma-Québec’s criteria manual in order to screen participants.
Public Cord Blood Bank
• Check the compliance of mother/baby records and report non-compliances as required;
• Assess mother/baby medical records to determine whether there are risks for cord blood recipients;
• Apply the pre-established medical criteria in Héma-Québec’s criteria manuals (blood, cord blood);
• Occasionally take blood samples at the mother’s home or at the hospital for virological analysis purposes.
Public Mothers’ Milk Bank
• Educate the mothers participating in the Public Mothers’ Milk Bank on the proper hygiene measures to adhere to;
• Follow up with breast milk donors to determine whether their lifestyle has changed and poses risks to potential recipients;
• Check the compliance of mother/baby records and report non-compliances, as required;
• Apply the pre-established medical criteria in Héma-Québec’s criteria manuals (breast milk);
• Occasionally take blood samples at the mother’s home for virological analysis purposes.
• Diploma of vocational studies (DVS) in health, assistance and nursing;
• Member in good standing of the Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec (OIIAQ);
• At least one year of experience in a hospital;
• Experience in neonatology departments and/or delivery rooms will be considered a major asset;
• Experience in a regulated field will be considered a major asset;
• Proficient with the programs in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Outlook) and comfortable using computer systems.
• Be thorough, detail-oriented and have good organizational skills;
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Exhibit independence and initiative;
• Have a client-satisfaction focus;
• Excellent teamwork, communication and cooperation skills;
• Able to complete multiple matters simultaneously;
• Enjoy working in a changing environment;
• Fluent in French and English, both oral and written.
In addition to the competitive working conditions offered by Héma-Québec, this position includes the following benefits:
• Daily work schedule of 35 hours per week;
• Four weeks of vacation per year;
• Flexible schedule;
• Group insurance after three months of continuous service;
• Defined benefit pension plan.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 1170BR
Other Héma-Québec's offers that may interest you