This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Director of the Project Management Office and Continuous Improvement, the incumbent takes over responsibility for the projects assigned to him/her. In other words, he/she ensures that the projects are properly carried out in keeping with the scope, objectives, costs, delivery times and applicable regulations. He/she manages all project activities by pooling human, financial and physical resources, while factoring in clients’ needs in order to achieve the objectives as effectively as possible. He/she must, through his/her actions, guarantee a high-quality level of service as part of his/her duties. Most of the time, the projects are multi-site ones.
• Carry out and supervise all activities needed for project planning, coordination, quality monitoring, control, completion and closure;
• Prepare the project charter and all documentation required for carrying it out;
• Define the strategies and implementation plans covering the scope, resources, schedules, costs, risks, quality, communications, training, and compliance with the regulatory requirements, as well as track the progress of them;
• Take responsibility for redefining the project parameters, along with all stakeholders, based on the new organizational expectations and objectives;
• Develop and apply methods for ensuring productivity, quality control and adherence to objectives and deliverables;
• Establish a change management plan in cooperation with all stakeholders in order to facilitate project implementation, and manage requests for mandate changes within the project;
• Ensure that you provide effective communication within the work team and other stakeholders in disseminating the information needed for supporting the process for approving project progress;
• Guide and oversee the day-to-day progress of the project;
• Prepare and submit progress status reports to the project committee;
• Develop and maintain performance indicators for effectively supporting decision-making and optimizing quality while projects are being carried out.
• Help maintain the tools used, such as project management methodologies and processes, while encouraging the use of collaborative tools and, as needed, suggesting new ones;
• Are in involved in preparing proposals in response to calls for tenders, developing contracts and, along with the purchasing and accounting departments, doing follow-up with suppliers in connection with billing;
• Are occasionally involved in developing product specifications and reviewing project-related business processes, and will be called upon to perform any other related duties.
• A university education in a discipline deemed relevant;
• At least ten (10) years of project management experience, including five (5) to seven (7) years in managing staff and a project management team in a context of organizational change;
• PMP certification is considered a major asset;
• Project management experience in the pharmaceutical field and/or a highly regulated industry is considered a major asset;
• Fluent in French, both oral and written;
• Proficient with computer tools and the Microsoft Office suite (specifically in-depth knowledge of the advanced features of Excel and MS Project);
• Knowledge of English is considered an asset;
• Available for regular travel to Quebec City and other Héma-Québec sites.
• Excellent project management knowledge, and skilled in managing work teams;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and exhibit good leadership in the management and collaboration of teamwork;
• Exhibit thoroughness, initiative, independence and be oriented towards achieving results in a context of change management;
• Experienced in being responsible for managing large-scale projects for multidisciplinary teams;
• Dynamic and capable of building work teams, aligning them with objectives and encouraging them to keep the project on track while being focused on clients, processes and results;
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills and have political acumen capable of influencing decision-making and negotiating;
• Have excellent interpersonal skills/competencies.
In addition to the competitive working conditions offered by Héma-Québec, this position includes the following benefits:
• Four (4) weeks of vacation per year;
• Variable and flexible schedule;
• Group insurance;
• Defined benefit pension plan.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 1337BR
Other Héma-Québec's offers that may interest you