This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Our client is a leading global financial services organization and they are seeking a Senior Data Engineer for their Toronto location who will be able to assist them in making business decisions easier and improving the lives of their customers.
Located in Toronto, Canada the role will:
- Champion and support strategic global data initiatives that strengthen our client's global data and advanced analytic capabilities
- Foster cross-segment collaboration and communication helping build an agile data insight driven culture
- Lead and nurture open data design and architecture establishing conditions for successful technical and analytic innovation
- You will act as a Senior Data Engineer in leveraging new & existing Big Data & Cloud technologies contributing to the innovative design, development and management of data analytics labs supporting to increase knowledge and insight from enterprise data
- Perform technical systems and data flow development in a variety of projects for complex front, middle and back office applications, with a focus on the reporting and analytics environment; this environment is built on a Microsoft Azure cloud and is underpinned by a Hortonworks Hadoop stack
- You will provide proactive data ingestion and analysis of large structured and unstructured datasets involving a wide range of systems across multiple Groups
- You will evaluate existing and proposed data models and how to best access and query them as well as existing and proposed data interfaces and how to clearly document them, including specification of data flow models, data flow timing, data mapping, and data transformation rules including data validations and controls.
- You are a Software Engineer with a minimum 2-5 years of professional experience in related industry experience working in bigdata/data management & understanding big data analytic tooling and environments including a University degree and or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent quantitative program.
- Key technology experience for this role includes: Python, Linux shell scripting, Java, and R.
- Experience writing complex SQL and NoSQL jobs to analyze data in both traditional DBMS (MS-SQL, Oracle, mainframe) and Big Data environments (i.e., HADOOP, SPARK, or similar open source and commercial technologies) is required
- Experience in Big Data, Analytics and Business Intelligence technologies to support design, build and implementation for advanced analytics and business intelligence reporting is desired.
- You are customer focused, seeking ways to listen, engage and act for their benefit
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other HeadSource International's offers that may interest you