This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Purpose of this position is to perform software programming and electrical debugging activities for High Speed Packaging Equipment Manufacturer.
In direct collaboration with the Technical Lead and the Project Manager, this position is responsible for software programming and electrical debugging activities of company’s machinery, ensuring that all projects assigned are delivered on-time, on-budget and to the specifications stated in the order.
- Preparing machines for the debugging phase and Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) phase
- Power the machines up after wiring
- Checks electrical wiring, verifies I/O’s are properly wired.
- Debugs electrical circuits ensuring they perform according to design
- Works with the wiring team in solving any wiring issues
- Tests all circuits and approve machine for debugging
- Setups all servos, VFDs, and any other
- Provides programming support during customer’s FAT
- Provides programming and electrical support for the setup and testing of all ancillary equipment (laser printers, bowl feeders, etc.)
- Loads program into PLC and performs basic programming tasks on standard components
- Support installation technicians during commissioning of new machines
- Travel to customer’s sites to provided electrical debugging support during new machine installations.
- Prepares Ladder logic design patches for projects in installation/commissioning phase
- Mark-up / Update schematics as required during debugging and commissioning.
- Debugs and Test machines to fulfill intended machine function specified by project
- Supports the Project Managers and Operations managers during project execution in order to minimize time and cost impact of design modifications during debugging.
- Provides support to electrical wiring teams on issues related to wiring schematics and special ancillary equipment
- Develop off-line program for machines or machine functions
- Support customers by providing advice on electrical/programming matters
- Contribute to Company Electrical Standards. Proposes ideas for improving team efficiency.
- Keeps current with latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to packaging equipment system design and operation.
- Take other work tasks as needed by team leader.
- Support team development and continues improvement
- Extensive Travel required up to 70%
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Electrical Engineering experience in the field of automation/industrial machinery. High Speed Packaging Machinery experience is an additional asset.
- BSc. or similar Technical Education in the field of Electrical Engineering.
- Good working knowledge AutoCAD Electrical a requirement.
- Good working knowledge of current safety standards, including Control Reliable design & PSR Legislation in Ontario.
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in the field of electrical automation/industrial machinery. Experience in Packaging Machinery is an additional asset.
- Above average command of office tools such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A strong command of the English language.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other HeadSource International's offers that may interest you