This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Accidental death insurance
Long-term disability insurance
Medical and paramedical expenses coverage
Social activities organized by the company
Hardt is a food-service equipment manufacturer located in the west-end of Montreal. This long- established, privately-owned organization has been consistently profitable and is planning for future growth. Dynamic and entrepreneurial, the Company focuses on quality, teamwork and commitment to outstanding customer service and support. The Organization’s values are reflected in its operating principles: communicate actively; voice and seek to resolve concerns; work cooperatively and respectfully and strive for improvements continuously.
Hardt provides solutions to the supermarket and warehouse club industry, and is the exclusive supplier of rotisseries and heated display cases to over 90% of the warehouse clubs in the US. The Company is actively customer-driven as indicated by its mission to provide “Responsive, Reliable Solutions.” Hardt’s value-added services include product development and assistance in all aspects of food preparation including; staff training, safe food-handling practices, menu development and merchandising.
Customers view Hardt as a partner and praise the Company for the quality of the products and depth of the service and support they receive. Hardt is presently seeking a:
Field Application Specialist
(Trainer for Commercial Cooking Equipment)
The Field Application Specialist is responsible for delivering operational, maintenance and customer specific training to our national chains in the supermarket and wholesale club segments and to ensure their staff and programs are highly successful. The Field Application Specialist is a member of the Sales and Marketing Group and reports to the Regional Vice President, Sales.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform on-site hands-on training with our customers’ staff which are national chains in the supermarket and wholesale club segments related to commercial cooking equipment;
- Actively work with our customers on actual hands-on food preparation procedures;
- Travel to customer sites – on average 10 to 20 days per month (will include some weekends and Canadian holidays);
- Perform inspections/calibrations on our equipment out in the field;
- Assist with gathering customer information by performing ghost visits;
- Perform regional training sessions, when required, to inform non-users of the equipment's critical information;
- Preparation of trip reports;
- Preparation of expense reports;
- Helping with internal cooking tests in our laboratory as required.
- Holds a High School Diploma;
- Has 1-2 years’ training or public speaking experience (an internal technical training will also be provided on our products);
- Is technically inclined, is able to work hands-on with equipment, either in the office or at customer sites;
- Is punctual, autonomous, organized, active listener, respectful, professional, calm, well-spoken, and outgoing;
- Is able to travel internationally with ease;
- Has a valid drivers' license and year round access to a vehicle to be able to drive to the Dorval airport 10 to 20 days per month;
- Has a valid passport required for international travel;
- Is flexible with travel dates and time out;
- Demonstrates very well-developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to form trusting relationships quickly with people;
- Has exceptional communication abilities and well-developed professional verbal and written skills in English and French. Spanish would be an asset;
- 2 years of food service or restaurant experience would be an asset.
This position comprises of overnight travel (which will include some weekends and Canadian holidays), mainly to the USA. This position requires stamina related to frequent business travel and physical work (standing, bending, reaching, some lifting; less than 30 kg) when at customers sites. Some office work, in a normal office environment. While in the office, regular hours are from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
Qualified candidates can apply by sending their resume to: email@example.com with the mention of the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
*Complete benefits package offered
*Potential bonus (based on Company performance and individual performance)Hardt endorses an Equal Employment Opportunity Program and invites women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and persons with disabilities to apply. The masculine gender is used solely for the purpose of shortening the text.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Fr : Intermediate
En : Advanced
Fr : Advanced
En : Advanced
Other Hardt's offers that may interest you