- Salary To be discussed
- Full time
- Published on October 6th, 2021
- Add to favorites
As soon as possible
This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
The Nursing Resource Team (NRT) and Clinical Resource Team (CRT) operate within the Quality & Performance (Q&P) Portfolio, under the strategic leadership of the Director of Clinical Resource. Clinical Managers provide day-to-day leadership and direction for the team and supporting staff. Clinical Education and Development Clinicians support the educational and developmental needs of the team. The NRT and CRT are staffing teams that play a vital role in the provision of staffing services across patient care programs at Hamilton Health Sciences. It is comprised of full-time and part-time staff whose shifts are assigned to various clinical areas to meet appropriate staffing requirements. Resource team staff will respond to needs based on patient acuity, replacement for sick time, vacation, and known vacancies. Staff within the NRT and CRT are aligned to a cluster or multiple clusters to support staffing needs throughout all HHS sites and alternate health facilities.
As a member of the NRT, the Registered Practical Nurse will provide high quality nursing care to patients and will participate in continued education and completion and maintenance of certifications associated with the identified cluster(s), identify future clinical and career goals and complete learning plans to achieve those goals. Nurses are aligned to a cluster or multiple clusters to support staffing needs throughout all HHS sites and Alternative Health Facilities (AHF).
days, nights, weekends, holidays
This is a temporary role.
1. Current Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse
2. Current certificates or current community college studies in asepsis, wound care, airway management, complex wound care, physical assessment, urinary catheterization, administering enteral feeds, medication administration, and transcribing physician orders
3. Documented completion of a recognized IV administration and IV Management, Venipuncture and Blood and Blood Products Administration course
4. Current CPR Certificate
5. Recent, relevant nursing experience (within the last 2 years) in acute medical/surgical
6. Demonstrated ability to function within an interdisciplinary team including nursing collaboration with RN and other members of the health care team
7. Demonstrated ability to function in environments that are fast-paced and that have moderately complex care requirements
8. Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively with patients, families, and other members of the health care team
9. Ability to set priorities and organize work in response to patient needs
10. Demonstrated knowledge of transfers and lifts protocols/practices
Hamilton Health fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All Internal applicants may apply online through the Careers website or by submitting a Competition Application Form. External applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact the Human Resources Service Centre at 1-877-667-2700 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during the interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset.
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
-Article 30 (k) - CUPE Collective Agreement
-Article 10.7 (d) - ONA Collective Agreement
-Article 13.01 (b) (ii) - OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
-Article 14.04 - OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
-Article 2.07 and Article 13 - PIPSC RT Collective Agreement