This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
The new Regional Rehabilitation Centre�s B3 South , Acquired Brain Injury Rehabilitation Unit is a 16 bed inpatient unit for patients post brain injury admitted for rehabilitation and community re-integration. The unit provides rehabilitation for adults with significant cognitive and physical needs. The emphasis is on improving the quality of life for patients and their families.
As a member of the multi-disciplinary health care team, the Registered Practical Nurse will provide care to rehabilitation clients with an acquired brain injury.
1. Current Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse
2. Current Certificates in Medication Administration, Enteral Nutrition Via Gastrostomy Tube, Urinary Bladder Catheterization, Transcription of Physicians Orders, Advanced Wound Care and Airway Management, or has completed equivalent community college studies
3. Demonstrated knowledge and 2 recent years therapeutic experience within the last 5 years in the field of neurological rehabilitation with acquired brain injury population
4. Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
5. Demonstrated commitment to interdisciplinary care and the principles of professional practice
6. Demonstrated judgement in carrying out his or her role or function and is responsible and accountable for acting on the interpretation of data
7. Demonstrated critical thinking and decision making in assessment and problem identifications
8. Demonstrated ongoing personal professional education and development
Guidelines for submitting an Application ~ UNION staff, who choose to submit their application through hard-copy mail, fax or email will need to have their application (ONA & OPSEU: with accompanying skills profile) available to the Recruitment Staff before 4 p.m. on the day the posting closes (day-7). ALL JOB SEEKERS, including UNION staff, who use the Career's Website to apply for job postings will have until 11 p.m. on the day the posting closes (day-7). ***INTERNAL JOB SEEKERS - Please ensure that both your ID# and last name are entered exactly as you see it on your most recent pay stub, otherwise you will be treated as an external candidate.***
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Hamilton Health Sciences's offers that may interest you