This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
2. Current BCLS certification
3. Recent 2 years’ experience (within the last 2 years) in acute cardiac and vascular nursing care.
4. Recent 2 years’ experience (within the last 2 years) in ECG interpretation and monitoring, CPO trained (for internal).
5. Recent 2 years’ experience (within the last 2 years) in IV access, venipuncture, cardiac rhythm monitoring, post-operative patient care.
6. Current knowledge of the assessment and management of an acute cardiac and vascular population.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of the nursing care planning process and evidence of the ability to utilize problem-solving and
critical thinking techniques effectively in an acute cardiology and vascular setting.
8. Demonstrated ability to function within an interdisciplinary team including nursing collaboration with other members of the health care team.
9. Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, stressful environment, maintaining professionalism and excellent team collaboration.
10. Demonstrated ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively with patients, families, and other members of the health care team.
11. Demonstrated ability to set priorities and organize work in response to patient needs.
12. Willingness to participate in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and innovation.
Guidelines for submitting an Application ~ UNION staff, who choose to submit their application through hard-copy mail, fax or email will need to have their application (ONA & OPSEU: with accompanying skills profile) available to the Recruitment Staff before 4 p.m. on the day the posting closes (day-7). ALL JOB SEEKERS, including UNION staff, who use the Career's Website to apply for job postings will have until 11 p.m. on the day the posting closes (day-7). ***INTERNAL JOB SEEKERS - Please ensure that both your ID# and last name are entered exactly as you see it on your most recent pay stub, otherwise you will be treated as an external candidate.***
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact Human Resources Operations at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Hamilton Health Sciences's offers that may interest you