This recruiter is online.

This is your chance to shine!

Apply Now


The Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre at Hamilton Health Sciences is a state-of-the-art tertiary health care system that houses the Complex Malignant Hematology (CMH) Service providing comprehensive integrated care for patients with hematological malignancies. Given the specialization of services provided by the CMH Program, patients are referred from local and provincial services. Care is provided in ambulatory hematology clinics, oncology day services, and in a 54 bed in-patient unit. Treatment modalities for patients with malignant hematological disorders include both allogeneic and autologous stem cell transplantation, CAR-T Cell therapy, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

52-week Temporary Full-Time Position

The Nurse Practitioner (NP) Fellow will complete the following requirements:
A) CMH specific competency based curriculum comprised of clinical rotations, didactic education sessions, leadership components
B) Research course and mentorship provided by faculty from the McMaster University School of Nursing
C) Research or continuous quality improvement (CQI) project relevant to advanced nursing practice and CMH Service

Each NP Fellow is matched with a NP Mentor who provides guidance and expert in-field training. Additionally, the NP Fellow works collaboratively with the hematologists and in partnership with NPs, specialists, and members of the interprofessional team to provide comprehensive, evidence based care including medical acts to support a population of patients with complex hematological malignancies.
The NP role in CMH is 80% direct clinical care, while the other domains of the NP role account for 20% (i.e. research, education, leadership, and collaboration/ consultation/ referral).

1. Master's Degree in Nursing or a recognized equivalent graduate program.
2. Current NP-Adult certification
3. Current certification of registration or eligibility for registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in the extended class category
4. Minimum one year of clinic experience in acute care as a registered nurse prior to becoming a NP is preferred
5. Active membership in professional nursing association(s) (i.e. RNAO is mandatory, others as per individual preference)
6. Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral).
7. Demonstrated ability to work as a member of an interprofessional team.
8. Demonstrated ability to function independently
9. Demonstrated flexibility to adapt positively to constantly changing clinical situations.
10. Knowledge and experience in change theory and adult learning principles.

11. Effective organizational, conceptual and leadership skills
12. Effective advanced skills and competencies in interpersonal relationships, critical thinking and problem solving, and negotiation and conflict resolution.

Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.

To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.

Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.

This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment

Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset

If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:

Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement

Read more


Level of education



In progress

Work experience (years)


Written languages


Spoken languages