As a member of an interdisciplinary team, the Communicative Disorders Assistant (CDA) will provide individual and/or group communication interventions, and augmentative communication services to children and youth with Autism within the McMaster Children’s Hospital Autism Program, including the delivery of Ontario Autism Program services,under the supervision of Speech-Language Pathologists. Therapy may be conducted in clinic, in home in the community or virtually. Mentoring is available in all areas of practice.
1. Communicative Disorder Assistant Diploma from an accredited community college
2. Demonstrated knowledge and two recent years therapeutic experience in the field of pediatric rehabilitation services and specifically autism preferred
3. Experience with providing group and individual interventions to children and youth
4. Experience working with augmentative communication users
5. Extensive computer skills including use of Board Maker Application
6. Experience with a variety of office computer applications (e.g., Word, email, etc.
7. Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment
8. Demonstrated ability to multi-task
9. Demonstrated ability to be energetic, flexible, adaptable, organized and reliable
10. Willingness to participate in a criminal reference screening process
11..Fluency in French will be considered an asset
12. Must be able to obtain a valid Vulnerable Sector Screen (VSS)
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Employee Health Services.
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Operations at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement