This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Posting #: 2020-866546
Position: Registered Nurse (x2) - 1 position available
Department: Surgical Day Care/Ambulatory Care/PACU
Hours: Monday to Sunday - rotating 8 hour shifts. On call PACU shifts scheduled days evenings and weekends (subject to change based on operational requirements)
This is what you'll be doing:
Apply all aspects of the nursing process to the care of the surgical day patient in a professional and multi-disciplinary team. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing care to patients in the PACU and Ambulatory Care Clinic and Pre-Admission Clinic.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- BCLS Certification required at time of hire
- ACLS Certification required at time of hire and ongoing
- Recent Surgical Day Care nursing experience preferred.
- Recent PACU nursing experience preferred.
- Critical Care Nursing course and/or PACU course required.
- Experience with administering IV drugs below the drip chambers, central lines, Epidural/ PCA pump experience required.
- Experience with phlebotomy, paracentisis, and other ambulatory care procedures.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities and critical thinking skills.
- Flexible, good team player with positive attitude.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Caring attitude with patients, families and co-workers.
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required.
Salary: $33.90 to $48.53 per hour
Position will remain posted until filled
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Halton Healthcare Services's offers that may interest you