This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Halton Healthcare Posting #: 2020-865057
Position: Human Resources Advisor (Recruitment & HR Operations)
Department: Human Resources
Status: Temporary Full-time (to March 31, 2021)
Site: Oakville (travel to other sites required when necessary)
At Halton Healthcare you will thrive in a health care culture and environment that embraces inclusion, high performance and flexibility with ‘exemplary patient care, always’ at the heart of everything we do. We empower our people to be the very best they can be so they can make a difference for our patients and the communities we serve.
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions.
This role provides front line human resources support, advice and guidance to employees and leaders within an assigned business portfolio.
As a first point of contact, the HR Advisor serves to manage and support employees and leaders with their human resources concerns and requests. This includes but is not limited to providing advice and coaching on topics such as talent sourcing & acquisition, position control, workforce planning, policy and collective agreement interpretation, job evaluation intake, salary administration, benefits & pension inquiries, leaves (MLOA, LOA, etc.), and general employee relations issues.
In line with our People Strategy, the HR Advisor is responsible for supporting and understanding the unique intricacies of their business portfolio and identifying opportunities to engage the larger human resources team where appropriate.
This is what you'll be doing:
- Support and endorse Halton Healthcare’s human resources solutions and programs across the organization with front line staff and leaders.
- With the support of a Recruitment Coordinator, manage full-cycle recruitment from requisition intake of offer.
- Forecast staffing needs and develop proactive sourcing strategies and brand recognition to address potential gaps, this includes: Social Media Campaigns, Job Fairs, Networking with Niche Associations & Groups, University/College Presence, and Creative Marking Strategies.
- Provide guidance, support and advice to Leaders on policies, practices and basic collective bargaining interpretation.
- Support Leaders in the job evaluation intake process, providing expertise on the external market place and relevant internal comparator information to assist in completing the job evaluation request and new job description. Act as a liaison between the business and the Total Rewards team to facilitate the intake process.
- Support HR Labour Partners in grievance resolution.
- Liaise with Union partners on Recruitment related issues.
- Work closely with Leaders and consult with Organizational Development to identify opportunities to improve department culture, build morale, or increase productivity and retention.
- Respond to inquiries on leave of absences, benefits and pension administration or triage to appropriate HR specialist.
- Provide coaching on front line employee relations issues or triage to Labour Relations.
- Report on key Recruitment metrics for monthly HR dashboard.
- Continuous promotion of HR programs to support the growth and development of our growing business.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Specialization in Human Resources or Industrial Relations preferred
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP/L) designation or in the process of obtaining preferred.
- Experience working in a high volume, fast paced HR setting preferred.
- Talent sourcing, attraction and acquisition required.
- Experience using social media as a sourcing and promotion tool preferred.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Experience working in both unionized and non-unionized environment required.
- Solutions focused approach to challenges
- Innovative & flexible thinker
- Ability to assess and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions
- Demonstrated ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively with different managers, candidate personalities, etc.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and employees.
- Strong MS Office skills a must
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
Date Posted: October 9, 2020
Internal Applicants due by: October 16, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Halton Healthcare Services's offers that may interest you