This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Posting #: 2021-878743
Department: Halton Diabetes Program
Status: Permanent Part-time (must provide availability of up to a 0.6 FTE)
Hours: Monday to Friday - 8 hour shifts - days and evenings
This is what you’ll be doing:
The Registered Dietitian (RD) establishes caring, therapeutic relationships with patients and their families to attain or maintain optimal functioning by providing diabetes assessment, recommendations and self-management support to the adult patient in obtaining their self-management goals. If certified under the Medical Directive, you will provide diabetes management as per the delegation of the endocrinologist.
The RD is an autonomous professional who works independently and interdependently as part of the interdisciplinary health care team. The RD practices according to the College of Dietitians of Ontario standards of practice in keeping with the policies, procedures and standards of Halton Healthcare.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Registered Dietitian in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Member of Dietitians of Canada
- Certified Diabetes Educator required
- Ability to speak another language would be preferred to best meet the needs of a diverse patient population
- At least 3 years of recent experience in diabetes preferably working in a hospital setting
- Membership in the Diabetes Educator Section of the Canadian Diabetes Association
- Cultural Diversity and Motivational Interviewing courses completed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Meditech including EMR documentation, OLIS Viewer and E-Health solutions
- Excellent key boarding skills
- Exceptional facilitation skills to support conversation map use
Date Posted: June 15, 2021
Internal applications due by: June 22, 2021
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke-free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Halton Healthcare Services's offers that may interest you