This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
REVISED AND REPOSTED
Posting #: 2020-864885
Position: Clinical Resource Nurse x 4
Status: Temporary Full-Time for approximately 6 months
Hours: Monday to Sunday various rotating 12 hour shifts (subject to change based on operational requirements)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly-growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, Halton Healthcare is a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs in the communities we serve.
The Emergency Department is a 54 bed unit that serves the communities of Halton, Halton Hills and the surrounding areas. Last year, we had approximately 78,000 visits although the number is estimated to climb to 81,000 this year.
Our ED serves patients of all ages and treats patients of every medical and mental health illness.
Our ED has uniquely built in a 5 bed mental health unit and a dedicated DI cluster to better service our patients.
Our roaming triage model helps us to quickly triage patients and deploy them to the most appropriate area of the department where they will be treated.
Our 24-hour staff are fortunate to be comprised of nurses, physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and many other members of a very robust multidisciplinary team. Dedicated internal medicine in the ED working with two nurse practitioners helps to ensure comprehensive assessments of patients for timely referrals and/or admission.
This is what you’ll be doing:
Providing clinical leadership in the care of admitted patients and families in the Emergency Department; you will work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team; ED CRN, Patient Flow and inpatient units to meet optimal patient care needs. With the ED nursing leadership team, work to create a patient and family centered environment, with an emphasis on patient safety, evidence-based clinical practice and building a positive environment for patients, families, nursing, medical staff and interdisciplinary colleagues exemplifying our Respectful Workplace Policy.
You will facilitate evidence-based nursing practice and coordinate the day-to-day clinical oversight for admitted patients within the ED, including oversight of equipment and supplies and assigning nursing resources according to patient acuity and staff skills in Zone D of the ED. You will monitor workload throughout the shift while seeking and providing learning opportunities for Zone D/NRT nursing staff. You will perform direct patient care activities according to the needs of the Zone D and the Emergency Department, and ensure optimal and timely patient flow through to inpatient units.
Working with both internal and external partners you will attend Halton Healthcare Clinical Resources Nurse Forum, weekly ED Operations meeting and other committees as appropriate. You will identify areas for improvement and participate in the development and monitoring of quality indicators. You will participate in the recruitment and retention of staff, interviewing and coaching as needed in collaboration with the ED CRN, ED Patient Care Manager, ED PPC, Professional Practice PPC and Staffing Office PCM. You will participate in various projects as they arise.
Should ED’s Zone D close intermittently owing to low numbers of admitted patients in the ED, this role would continue to collaborate with inpatient unit CRNs, Patient Flow and the ED CRN and focus on both safe, quality care of this patient population and the flow to inpatient beds, and other operational needs as determined by the ED leadership team
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare is seeking individuals who are competent in their chosen profession; patient/customer focused; team players; effective communicators; caring and respectful and are fiscally responsible.
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Baccalaureate in Nursing preferred/or in progress
- Current BCLS certification required at time of hire
- ACLS certificate required at time of hire and ongoing.
- Demonstrated commitment
- Able to problem solve and build collaborative relationships.
- Experienced with conflict resolution, mentoring, patient flow and ED metrics.
- Must be able to perform in all areas of department including response to codes.
- Demonstrated commitment to clinical excellence with strong clinical skills
- Demonstrated ability to direct, support, advise and lead others
- Responds positively to stress to ongoing professional development including formal post RN and graduate level education
- Minimum of 5 years clinical experience in Med/Surg Nursing with at least 1 year of charge experience
- Must possess strong leadership and communication skills.
- Understands the impact of change and demonstrates an ability to manage change
- Demonstrates conflict management and conflict prevention and resolution skills
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility with a commitment to quality improvement, risk mitigation and management, and management of quality indicators (metrics)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills
- A team player
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Salary: $35.38 to $49.84
Date posted: October 15, 2020
Application Deadline for Employees is: October 23, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Halton Healthcare Services's offers that may interest you