This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Position: Clerk II
Department: Surgical Program - Ambulatory Procedures Unit/Operating Room Registration
Status: Permanent Full-time
Hours: Monday to Friday; Days; 0600-1400; 0630-1430; 0700-1500; 7.5 hour shifts (Hours subject to change based on operational needs)
The successful incumbent will be responsible for all front office clerical functions.
This is what you’ll be doing:
- Patient reception and registration
- Chart preparation
- Appointment booking
- Communication with physicians, staff, patients and visitors
- Answer telephone inquiries
- Order supplies
- Order entry for lab, diagnostic and doctor requests
- Other general office duties
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Medical Office Administration diploma from a recognized college required OR a minimum of 1 year recent clerical/admin experience working in a comparable position in a healthcare setting required
- Medical terminology certificate or equivalent working experience required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Minimum of 30 wpm typing speed required
- Must have fast and accurate data entry skills
- Experience using patient related databases, e.g. Meditech
- Must be able to prioritize workload and function independently in a busy environment
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Able to diplomatically respond to inquiries from staff, volunteers, patients, family members and members of the general public
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Must be physically able to perform the job: prolonged periods of time sitting; standing; walking; and pushing and pulling variety of wheeled equipment.
- Must be available for shifts on short notice
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Date Posted: June 8, 2021
Internal applications due by: June 15, 2021
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Halton Healthcare Services's offers that may interest you