This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Who is Grand & Toy?
Grand & Toy partners with customers to change the way Canadian businesses work and help them compete. And what we do for others, we do for ourselves. We’re a passionate team of diverse individuals who are focused on coming together to bring positive transformation to our customers and vendor partners by setting new standards for ourselves and our teams. We embrace transformation and innovate for customers and partners, and our employees as well. At Grand & Toy, you can be part of the change by learning and growing along with the business.
About the role
The Sales Manager, Business Development is responsible for leading a sales team of up to 6-8 Business Development Managers (BDM's), who are responsible for acquiring new customers through a direct sales approach. In this position, your focus will be on increasing market share, product penetration, margin management, pipeline and lead management, and other duties which have a direct impact on the overall performance of the new customer acquisition strategy. This position is primarily responsible for leading the BDM acquisition team for the assigned regions.
What will I do?
- Be a High-Performance thinker. Harvest B2B selling best practices from internal and external sources and infuse these tactics into the new business development sales organization.
- Be a High-Performance coach. Establish a standard for what high performance looks like and coach a team of professional sellers towards it. Develop and implement/ execute a coaching plan that is effective both at the individual and group level.
- Continuously re-invent yourself and your team. Stay ahead of the competitive market by reinventing our selling approach. Find a way to do it better every day. Innovate.
- Be relentless in the pursuit of new business and business excellence with the focus on ensuring sales goals, margin objectives, and profit goals are achieved.
- Hire, train and develop a high-performance team of hunters aligned with achieving annual sales and margin goals.
- Facilitate weekly sales team meetings; emphasizing sales cycle training, sales rep development, reinforce current objectives, and set clear direction to maximize sales effectiveness.
- Conduct regularly scheduled individual meetings with sales representatives to review sales funnel and sales activity performance, to establish BDM’s annual goals, and if necessary, to establish performance improvement plans and/or corrective actions.
- Mentor and develop the sales team by demonstrating sales techniques that increase sales performance and business opportunity.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the sales growth, margin gain, product penetration efforts, and various sales/prospecting initiatives with the use of Grand & Toy Sales Standards metrics.
- Oversee territory leads, pipeline management, and BDM deployment in assigned sales territories to ensure maximum sales penetration and market coverage.
- Establish, build and manage relationships with potential customers in the assigned target market segment as determined by senior management.
- Work closely with BDM team to ensure and maintain a thorough understanding of the potential customer. Link Grand & Toy capabilities to decision maker’s value drivers to overcome barriers to purchase. Understand the prospect’s decision-making process and articulate how Grand & Toy value proposition can translate to savings gains and efficiency improvements.
- Ensure that your sales team maintains current knowledge of economic and industry factors so they can inform and advise customers on industry trends and best practices.
- Collaborate with other Grand & Toy sales teams (specifically the local Field Teams and supporting Specialists) to enhance adjacency opportunity and account penetration.
What qualifications do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree in business or commerce.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in outside Business to Business sales, with B2B Sales Management experience. Experience in Janitorial Supplies and Equipment, Office Supplies, Workplace Furniture or Office Technology industries is preferred.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational and project management skills Presentation skills
- Negotiation skills with the ability to influence key decision makers
- Ability to work autonomously while managing a remote sales team
- Ability to multi-task while meeting or exceeding set deadlines
- Proven ability to overachieve with regards to sales and margin objectives Interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively with all communication mediums
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, video presentations (MS Teams), Linked-in and Salesforce is required
What does Grand & Toy offer?
- An opportunity to be part of a team that is going places, delivering new and exciting technology.
- A culture that is actively committed to innovation and challenging the status quo.
- A competitive salary and benefits package based on education and experience.
- Health benefits coverage, employer matched retirement savings plans, employee discount programs.
- Comprehensive training for all new associates.
- To be part of a company that gives back to our local communities.
We celebrate employment equity and diversity. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Grand & Toy Ltd.'s offers that may interest you