This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
NUTRITION AND FOOD SERVICES
Unscheduled Part Time Dietetic Technician KW & Freeport Site
HOURS OF WORK:
4 & 7.5 hour shifts include 0630-1430, 0930-1730, 1030-1830, 1030-1430, 1430-1830
• Collects, assesses and inputs in the CBORD system all patient related information required to ensure the provision of patient specific meals consistent with the diet order prescribed.
• Screens and assesses patients at moderate nutritional risk and develops and implements nutrition care plan
• Works in conjunction with the clinical dietitians in performing these duties
• Conducts meal rounds
• Participates in the mentoring of the Dietetic Internship Program students and the Clinical and Food Service college program students
• Participates in department quality improvement projects
• Performs various diet office duties
• Provides nutritional care to low and moderate risk patients. Acts as liaison on behalf of the department with nursing units, patients and clinical dietitians in the provision of nutritional care.
• Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
• Graduate of an approved Food and Nutrition Management Program at a Community College or a University graduate of a Food and Nutrition Program
• Membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (CSNM)
• Minimum of 1-year relevant experience in a similar role
• Excellent decision-making skills
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member and independently to accomplish daily tasks
• Proficiency in Microsoft office
• Knowledge of CBORD computer software is an asset
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Grand River Hospital's offers that may interest you