This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Graham is a growing, dynamic and innovative construction solutions provider with history of success dating back to 1926. As an employee-owned company, you’ll be able to capitalize on our collective success by becoming an owner yourself. You’ll also be able to take advantage of professional development, learning and growth opportunities, while working on exciting, leading-edge projects.
We are seeking top tier talent to further strengthen our capabilities. We provide a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed, both personally and professionally. If you’re eager to work on innovative projects, be part of a great team and become an employee-owner, Graham is the place for you.
As a member of our Buildings group, you will provide insight and innovative construction solutions to ensure the successful execution of various commercial projects, such as: education facilities; hospitals and healthcare centres; office buildings; warehouse and distribution centres; retail outlets and complexes; recreational facilities; hotels and casinos; parkades; and mixed- use facilities. You will also further hone your skills operating under various delivery methods including Bid-Build, Design-Build, P3 (Public-Private Partnership), Construction Management and IPD (Integrated Project Delivery).
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Equipment Manager is responsible for overseeing and management of the sequencing, installation, connection and commissioning verification of the Owners Equipment packages on the project. This includes the liaison of the connecting systems and performance verifications, safe operation, coordination, scheduling, quantity surveying, reporting, and quality control functions of a project. The incumbent has working knowledge of core elements of construction projects, and is accountable for compliance to the Contract Documents, as well as to ensure subcontractors are prepared, drawings are approved, and documentation is processed to ensure the project is on time, on budget, safe, and compliant.
As an Equipment Manager at Graham, you will be responsible to:
- Perform a variety of duties including but not limited to administrative duties, update schedules and budgets, maintain cost control, and monitor labour material and equipment activities on the project.
- Work with Project Managers / on-site Superintendent to update project schedule and budget to identify potential construction or cost issues.
- Operate as the accountable person for the specific package in meeting obligations and key dates, articulating technical information in both technical detail and layman terms as is applicable to the audience.
- Monitor the project change management process, identify change events, submit change notices, track changes and optional changes in project scope, and present to the Project Manager when required.
- Manage drawings, drawing records, revisions, site instructions and respective change orders.
- Obtain and provide written concluding documentation for all clarifications and instructions.
- Work with a variety of teams and / or projects to provide recommendations based on specialty.
- Participate in and adhere to the Commissioning Plan, to a successful outcome.
- Ensure all close out documentation is compliant and complete, including record drawings, test results and certificates.
- Under the guidance of the management of the projects, administrate the packages of works ensuring that all client change is identified, change orders are raised for authorization, contractor pricing is received and reviewed and that system workflows are enabled to have complete visibility of the account.
To be successful in the role, you will have the following experience, education, and knowledge:
- A University Degree, Technical Diploma, or equivalent experience focused on either Mechanical hydronic trade or process equipment management is required.
- Project or site-based experience is an asset.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in area(s) of specialization.
- Proficiency in more than one specialization is an asset.
- Experience managing subcontractors.
- Installations in food process or production facilities is an asset.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary with annual bonus potential.
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, optical and medical and company matched pension plan.
- Ownership and long-term equity opportunities.
What we can offer you:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace.
- Grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast-evolving business sector.
- Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America.
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
Build your career.
View available job opportunities and submit your application online at grahambuilds.com/careers
Applications will only be accepted as online submissions through the Graham website.
Please, no unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies, thank you.
Graham Management Services Ltd.
6108 Edwards Blvd.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Graham Construction's offers that may interest you